File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Getting error"Unable to Encrypt:authorization failed to this operation(-11286)

Posted Aug 07, 2012 11:46 PM

Hi All,

Getting error while starting encryption of PGP on Win7 platform.

Please suggest any solution.

• 2.  RE: Getting error"Unable to Encrypt:authorization failed to this operation(-11286)

Posted Aug 08, 2012 03:55 AM

Can you repeat the same operation with the -verbose switch to give us more information and let us know the resulting output

• 3.  RE: Getting error"Unable to Encrypt:authorization failed to this operation(-11286)

Posted Aug 08, 2012 04:15 AM

I am new user for this PGP wde can u please let me know exact command for initiating encryption

as i am doing this from GUI.

• 4.  RE: Getting error"Unable to Encrypt:authorization failed to this operation(-11286)

Posted Aug 16, 2012 03:15 PM

Check your consumer policy settings if this is a managed desktop via the PGP Universal Server Consumer Policy settings under PGP Desktop settings. There is an option to allow encryption, is that enabled?

• 5.  RE: Getting error"Unable to Encrypt:authorization failed to this operation(-11286)

Posted Nov 01, 2012 04:13 AM

Hello, we are getting the same error, however the policies are correct,

did you find a solution ?

• 6.  RE: Getting error"Unable to Encrypt:authorization failed to this operation(-11286)

Posted Nov 07, 2012 08:46 AM

Do you have auto encryption enabled?

Please check your LDAP settings. Try test connection. Please update the LDAP Credentials as well.