Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

getting rid of hung up SLP duplication jobs - win 2008 server r2

Created: 03 Jan 2013 • Updated: 03 Jan 2013 | 1 comment
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello. I have an issue with an existing SLP (it's since been deactivated, however, nbstlutil stlilist -image_incomplete -l shows unfinished duplicaiton jobs). Master and all media servers are on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, NB version 7.5.0.4. Client is red hat 6.2 with NB 7.0. Media server has a MSDP pool and attached tape drive.

What's the quick / easy way to delete these pending jobs? Normally I would want to keep these images, however, one SLP was trying to duplicate to another media server, which is 40+ miles away, and we don't have the wan bandwidth to support that. So I fixed this error, but it still wants to duplicate these jobs to the wrong storage unit.

I backed this client up last night to the proper disk, so the pending jobs can be blown away. Is this the correct way to go forward?

This forum has been of great assistance, so hopefully we can keep the ball rolling! Thanks for any help in advance.

-Scott

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

revaroo's picture

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbstlutil cancel -backupid <backupid>

SOLUTION