Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Getting Satus Health Error since moving database - SEPM 12.1 SBE

Posted Aug 25, 2014 02:38 PM

Hi,

I wanted to move my Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12,1 - Small Business Edition from one server to the other.

Since the SBE does not support replication, I did a backup on the old server, installed manager on the new one and recovered the DB (internal) through the available DB tools.

Since then, I have been getting the following errow:

Server serveurtse health status: offline.
    Reason: Server has not reported new status in over 10 minutes.

The server that is stated as offline is the previous one. The manager **WAS** still installed on the old server when the error happened, but it is not anymore.

The health status report shows two server, where there should only be one, and I believe the problem relies there: since there is no replication, there shouldn't be two servers in the first place. And since it is not allowed within SBE, I also do not have any tool to remove that second server from the DB.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this, without having to delete the DB and redo the config and linking of the stations ?

Thank you for your help

• 2.  RE: Getting Satus Health Error since moving database - SEPM 12.1 SBE

Posted Aug 25, 2014 02:44 PM

• 3.  RE: Getting Satus Health Error since moving database - SEPM 12.1 SBE

Posted Aug 25, 2014 02:50 PM

Mostly, but they needed adaptation:

the new server has a different IP and server name. Thus I should follow case #3, but like I mentionned in the OP, SBE has no replication possible. This is why it is weird the health status will show two servers in the e-mail, but only one shows up in the Manager interface.

• 4.  RE: Getting Satus Health Error since moving database - SEPM 12.1 SBE

Posted Aug 25, 2014 02:57 PM

What version was this? Did you backup an older version, install a later version, then try to restore from the older version backup?

• 5.  RE: Getting Satus Health Error since moving database - SEPM 12.1 SBE
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 25, 2014 08:28 PM

Hi,

I think it will not allow you to remove the second name, to remove those entry from DB, we need to use only through SQL command.

I understand you have SBE, please collect symhelp , there should be error "cancel replication failure"

Please submit you Symhelp so we can check.

I think you need to create case with Symantec. as advance team can run SQL command to cleare the server name.

Quick Start Guide - Create and Manage Support Cases in SymWISE

http://www.Symantec.com/docs/HOWTO31132

How to update a support case and upload diagnostic files with MySupport

http://www.Symantec.com/docs/TECH71023

OR You can call

Symantec Support team Telephone Numbers:

USA: https://support.broadcom.com (407-357-7600 from outside the USA)

AUS: 1300 365510 (+61 2 8220 7111 from outside AUS)

UK: +44 (0) 870 606 6000

• 6.  RE: Getting Satus Health Error since moving database - SEPM 12.1 SBE

Posted Aug 26, 2014 09:38 AM

I had 12.1 something. Since it was written to use the same version when moving, I updated the previous installation to 12.1 RU4, rebooted, then did a backup of the DB and used that backup to recover in the new installation.

• 7.  RE: Getting Satus Health Error since moving database - SEPM 12.1 SBE

Posted Aug 26, 2014 11:04 AM

Thanks, I have done as suggested and opened a case.