Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Getting this "SID:26882 System infected: Trojan.Fakeavlock Activity 2 detected"

Posted Sep 26, 2013 10:09 AM

This popped up repeatedly but there was nothing in any of the SEP Client logs registering it. It was just popping up repeatedly in the gold shield.

I have run a MWB scan and it found some junk, I also cleared out temp and history. Removed and re installed SEP. The user said it happened when the laptop was NOT on the docking station, but once it was back on the docking station it did not happen. Not sure what happened here, did the wireless connection cause this to happen?

The SEP is the most current version as are the definitions, it is a Windows7 64 BIT Operating system 

• 2.  RE: Getting this "SID:26882 System infected: Trojan.Fakeavlock Activity 2 detected"

Posted Sep 26, 2013 10:11 AM

Does it show a remote IP in the log?

It's likely this attack attempt came from a user out browsing a site.

Check the Security log on the client to see what it shows

• 3.  RE: Getting this "SID:26882 System infected: Trojan.Fakeavlock Activity 2 detected"

Posted Sep 26, 2013 10:13 AM

Guessing while off the network and no web filtering, a dangerous site was visited.

Can't check the logs now, removed and re installed.

• 4.  RE: Getting this "SID:26882 System infected: Trojan.Fakeavlock Activity 2 detected"

Posted Sep 26, 2013 10:14 AM

Yea as long as it's being blocked you should be good.

• 5.  RE: Getting this "SID:26882 System infected: Trojan.Fakeavlock Activity 2 detected"

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Sep 26, 2013 10:31 AM

Hello,

When laptop was NOT on the docking station, does it start with automatic wireless connection? Did the user visit any malicious websites ?

System Infected: Trojan.Fakeavlock Activity 2

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/attacksignatures/detail.jsp?asid=26882

As a precautionary measure, I would suggest you to run the SymHelp and check for any suspicious files.

Using Symantec Help (SymHelp) Tool, how do we Collect the Suspicious Files and Submit the same to Symantec Security Response Team.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/using-symantec-help-symhelp-tool-how-do-we-collect-suspicious-files-and-submit-same-symante

Hope that helps!!!

• 6.  RE: Getting this "SID:26882 System infected: Trojan.Fakeavlock Activity 2 detected"

Posted Feb 24, 2014 09:07 AM

A little old but I assume you're good?