Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Getting Status Code 13 and errno 104 on Windows 2003 client backup

Created: 10 Dec 2013 • Updated: 10 Dec 2013 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi all,

I am getting a status code 13 on a Windows 2003 Server x64 client backup. Here are some of the details:

• Master: SLES 10 SP4 running NetBackup 7.5.0.6 (same for the media servers).
  • Client: Windows 2003 x64 running NBU client 7.5.0.6 (this is a SQL server, member of a 2-node cluster, the other member has no issues with backups).
  • I tried running the backup from the BAR GUI and it opens fine, but when I click on <Select for Backup>, it closes itself (getting the error below from Event Viewer):

Faulting application NbWin.exe, version 7.500.613.610, faulting module bedsnt5.dll, version 14.1.1003.0, fault address 0x000000000005debc.

• Have already removed and re-installed the client.
  • I have attached the bpbkar and bpcd logs.
Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Will Restore's picture

no instance of 13 or 104 in your logs, lots of status 46

see this technote for solution: Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO50823

Possible causes are as follows:

• The server is not listed on the client as a valid server.

• The client was configured to require encrypted backups, but the encryption attribute for the backup policy on the server was not selected.

• The evaluation license for the NetBackup Encryption product has expired on the server, but the NetBackup client was configured to require encrypted backups. As a result, the server tries to make a non-encrypted backup of the client. Since the client is configured to require encryption, the backup failed.

Will Restore -- where there is a Will there is a way

Will Restore's picture

Faulting application NbWin.exe, version 7.500.613.610, faulting module bedsnt5.dll, version 14.1.1003.0, fault address 0x000000000005debc.

see this technote: Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209546

If this issue is experienced with NetBackup 7.5.0.6, the Attachment contains a replacement library which will resolve this issue - please apply this hotfix to any affected 7.5.0.6 clients.

Will Restore -- where there is a Will there is a way

SOLUTION
luisvidal's picture

Thanks for the links, wr, they solved my issue.

NetBackup v7.5.0.6

SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP 3