Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Ghost 11 XP Pro SP3 boot failure following restore image to Lenovo R500 notebook

• 1.  Ghost 11 XP Pro SP3 boot failure following restore image to Lenovo R500 notebook

Posted Jan 12, 2009 09:33 AM
    I can't boot XP Pro SP3 on a new R500.  The R500 booted fine with the factory installed version of XP, but since I've ghostcasted a Sysprepped image containing all my applications, it won't boot. I've tried Ghost images, Sysprepped and unsysprepped, created on various platforms, including a Lenovo R61, with the same results.  I've changed the BIOS SATA setting from AHCI to Compatibility mode, again without success.  Symptoms when trying to boot are the message "Windows did not start successfully".  None of the subsequent options (Start normally, Safe Mode, Last Known Good etc.) works - Start normally results in a completely blank screen, Safe Mode results in a screen freeze following loading of a number of drivers, the last one displayed being agpCPQ.sys.

Can anyone help?

• 2.  RE: Ghost 11 XP Pro SP3 boot failure following restore image to Lenovo R500 notebook

Posted Feb 19, 2009 02:50 PM

Any update to this post?

I am having the exact same problem.