Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost 11.0.1 to image all of our computers

Posted Jul 02, 2009 04:25 PM
    Our company has a corporate license of  Ghost 11.0.1 every since it was Power Quest, and I am using it to deploy hundreds of computers.
    I have created an NT environment using Bart PE, and have installed our corporate Ghost32 on it.
    The process is simple, run Ghost32.exe and load the image from the USB hard drive.

It is my understanding that I need to generate a new SID (security ID or system ID) for each XP computer
    It is absolutely imperative that when resetting the SID I do not change any other settings on the computer; I have tried using SysPrep, but it erased user profiles and changed startup programs.
    The computers I am working on are used for oil and gas acquisition systems and the operating system absolutely cannot be changed from the original machine.
    Will you please help me find a quick way to reset the SID (either before or during Bart PE) that will not change any other settings?
    Thanks for your help.

• 2.  RE: Ghost 11.0.1 to image all of our computers

Posted Jul 05, 2009 01:16 AM
    You can run ghost walker (ghwalker or ghwalk32) to change SID on the computer after image restore op. Please consult ghost implementation guide on usage. Using walker is very straight forward.

Hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: Ghost 11.0.1 to image all of our computers

Posted Jul 06, 2009 11:29 AM
    Microsoft has made a program NewSID found at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897418.aspx
    If we did not have Ghost Walker, would that work?

• 4.  RE: Ghost 11.0.1 to image all of our computers

Posted Jul 06, 2009 11:31 AM
    NewSID will defintely work, as well.

• 5.  RE: Ghost 11.0.1 to image all of our computers

Posted Jul 06, 2009 01:00 PM
    Excellent, you both have been very helpful.
    I am going to use our copy of Ghost and NewSID.
    So far I have not run into any problems.

• 6.  RE: Ghost 11.0.1 to image all of our computers

Posted Sep 12, 2009 07:57 AM
    I wish download bootable symantec ghost 11.0.1.Please help me and I get the program symantec ghost 11.0.1. I have to do a backup to a PC motherboard that has an Intel Server System SR2500ALLXR PAL and Intel SR2500 chassis, which has installed a video card Black Magic DeckLink HD Extreme2 and data storage system is a SATA 2 hard drives in RAID 1 .Thank you in advance!
    Thanks all!

• 7.  RE: Ghost 11.0.1 to image all of our computers

Posted Sep 14, 2009 02:16 AM
    As far as I know, there is no bootable Norton Ghost Version, except the Version made by the Norton Ghost Boot Wizard to make bootable media. Therefor my question.
    If you purchased the Full-Version, then please look at your vendors driver site and download VISTA driver if you want to use WinPE.

greetings

alexander emmer