Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost 11.5 Build 2266 - Ghost Boot Wizard Crashes whenever, trying to make a Ghost Boot ISO or CD/DVD

Posted May 15, 2013 05:24 PM

Hello,

I recently as in today, just purchased Ghost and the program is working fine with the obvious issue with the Boot Wizard fatally crashing.

I'm using a domain administrator account for a Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit OS on a Windows based domain. I've even given the Ghost folder in the program files folder permission rights for this account (even though I doubt its needed)

I have the most up to date version of C++ for 2005, 2008, and 2010 in both x86 and x64 versions. Windows 7 has been run and the computer is up to date fully. My antivirus is SEP 2013.

is their a particular build that I can use to fix this issue....

I'm going to reference this post: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH131612

Here are two pictures below, one of my current build after running live update and then the error message. NOTE: I tried running the Boot Wizard in a elevated admin level even though I'm on the domain admin and local admin account on this computer and still producing the following errors:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d163/Deathmage85/ghost1152266buildcrash1_zpsce7a6ac2.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d163/Deathmage85/ghost1152266buildcrash2_zpscff753f8.jpg

• 2.  RE: Ghost 11.5 Build 2266 - Ghost Boot Wizard Crashes whenever, trying to make a Ghost Boot ISO or CD/DVD

Posted May 16, 2013 06:43 AM

You will find a sticky posting at the top of this forum which will give you the necessary information about contacting support to discuss whether any of the four patches released after build 2266 are appropriate for your particular situation. These patches address very specific issues and are therefore not generally available as they have not been regression tested.  As a new purchaser you may be entitled to some free support.

Meanwhile, you could also try turning off UAC and checking the settings on SEP, as I note that the error appears to occur on copying a BAT file, which may be regarded as virus activity in some circumstances.

• 3.  RE: Ghost 11.5 Build 2266 - Ghost Boot Wizard Crashes whenever, trying to make a Ghost Boot ISO or CD/DVD

Posted Jun 27, 2013 04:25 AM

Hello Deathmages,

I would recommend you to perform a complete uninstall of the Ghost solution suite with Revo uninstaller and then try installing it after an reboot it should work.

• 4.  RE: Ghost 11.5 Build 2266 - Ghost Boot Wizard Crashes whenever, trying to make a Ghost Boot ISO or CD/DVD

Posted Jun 27, 2013 03:33 PM

Looking at the attachment,it appears that you are using build 11.5.1.2266.Update 2269 patch update to fix this issue .

Before that ,it is worth removing the machine from the domain and to retry the operation as a local admin(domain GPOs could cause this).Also,if a AV or domian policy restricts application from executing from Temp folder,you might see this.