Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

• 1.  Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 05, 2012 09:46 AM

Using ghost 11.5. I am trying to create an image. The whole partitioning is not being cloned. All I see is the local disks that are being cloned. I have no Idea why the all local disks and partitioning are not being created.

• 2.  RE: Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 05, 2012 12:30 PM

I am finding it difficult to understand exactly what problem you are having.

Perhaps if you can define the EXACT partition structure of the source disk, and EXACTLY what is going wrong, then we can move forward.

Also, are you using a DOS or WinPE boot, are you creating a Disk or Partition image, what is the hard disk size, and is it IDE or SATA ?

• 3.  RE: Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 07, 2012 08:27 AM

Disk 0: C: 45.20 GB NTFS system boot, page file etc..   H: 22.55 GB NTFS Healthy (Primary Partition)

Disk 1: D: 22.05 GB NTFS primary partition  G: NTFS primary partition  I: 22.05 GB NTFS primary partion

R: 22.05 NTFS Logical Drive            T: 22.05 NTFS health (Logical Drive)   Y: 25.24 NTFS logical drive.

I was not able to create and restore the image to the same model/type server (Dell 2900 server).

• 4.  RE: Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 07, 2012 08:43 AM

only the C drive and the H drive is being created and restored

• 5.  RE: Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 07, 2012 08:57 AM

The server in a windows 2008 standard server

• 6.  RE: Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 07, 2012 09:03 AM

So are you saying that only Disk 0 is being imaged?

What command lines are you using for imaging?

• 7.  RE: Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 07, 2012 09:05 AM

Also, you did not answer my other questions:

Are you using a DOS or WinPE boot, are you creating a Disk or Partition image, is the hard disk IDE or SATA ?

• 8.  RE: Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 07, 2012 09:24 AM

Dell perc 6/i SCSI Disk Device.

Using DOS

I am creating  DISK to Disk. And I am not using any command line

• 9.  RE: Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 07, 2012 10:45 AM

So you need to do each disk separately.

However, are you able to see all of the disks at the DOS prompt?

DOS has no native SCSI support, so are you loading SCSI drivers for DOS to be able to access the hard disks?  If you cannot "see" the hard disk partitions in FDISK, then you will not be able to image the disks.

• 10.  RE: Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 07, 2012 11:18 AM

I tried to bring each disk separetly. I created/restored disk 0. No problem there. I created disk 1 separately and try to restore and that completed. When it boot up to the hard drive. I got strike F1 to reboot or F2 to get to the bios

• 11.  RE: Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 07, 2012 11:21 AM

It does not pass that prombt.

• 12.  RE: Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 07, 2012 03:47 PM

Are you sure you are not accidentally restoring the Disk 1 image to Disk 0 ?

Since Disk 0 is the system boot drive, I cannot see how imaging Disk 1 would affect the ability of Disk 0 to boot, unless for some reason Disk 1 is used by the operating system for the swap file, or otherwise has some vital aspect of the operating system installed on it.

So make sure that the Disk numbering under DOS is the same as the disk numbering with Windows running.

• 13.  RE: Ghost 11.5, not being able to create all partitioning.

Posted Nov 08, 2012 09:11 AM

I appreciate your help. I had outside help. It is been awhile since I configured the RAID. Two things were happening. 1) I did not have two virtual disks confingured. 2) I needed to create 2 images and restore. I am restoring the image right now. This should take awhile. But I think I am  on the right track. I know you have touched on it on a previous chat. I appreciate all your help.

Thank you very much.