Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost 14.0 recovery problems

Posted Mar 01, 2011 02:27 PM

1)  Hard drive died

2)  Bought new HD (different manu., but larger in size)

3)  Booted to Symantec Ghost Recovery

4)  Selected my recovery file located on my external HD (confirmed ticked "set as active")

5)  Recovery runs

6)  Remove CD and reboot

7)  All I get is a flashing "_"

8)  Did steps 3 above again and I was able to see that the recovery was successful since I could browse the c: via Symantec tool

What am I missing here?

• 2.  RE: Ghost 14.0 recovery problems

Posted Mar 01, 2011 02:58 PM

What you are missing is that this forum is for Ghost Solution Suite support, where the latest release is version 11.

Since you have version 14, you must be using Norton Ghost, which is a retail product and based on different technology to Ghost Solution Suite. At the top of this forum, you will find a sticky posting that has links to the support community for Norton Ghost.

Please include details of the operating system you are trying to restore, and whether you create a disk image or a partition image.

If you are restoring Windows 7 and have only performed a partition image, you will be missing the system partition of around 100Mb that carries important boot information which the "main" installation partition requires. In that case, try installing Windows 7 on the new hard disk from the source media, to get the basic partition structure established, then restore your backup image over the main partition created by the base install.