Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost 15 - 800706BE exception

Posted Mar 09, 2013 02:45 PM

I have been using Ghost v15 for backup for a couple of years now. I have started receiving an exception 800706be I have spent hours diagnosing this problem....poking around on the Internet for a fix....replacing my external hard disk, etc.....trying a process of elimination as to what the problem may be. Finally.....I tried Acronis and it works fine......no issues. I prefer to stay with Ghost .....however I am not sure if Ghost is a discontinued product.....it is not even listed in the products list below under Backup and Recovery.

• 2.  RE: Ghost 15 - 800706BE exception

Posted Mar 09, 2013 08:12 PM

Moved to the correct forum.

• 3.  RE: Ghost 15 - 800706BE exception

Posted Mar 10, 2013 06:44 AM

Norton Ghost 15 is supported in the Norton Community, to which you will find a link in one of the sticky postings at the top of this forum. The retail Norton product is actually based on a different technology to the Ghost Solution Suite product supported in this forum, and has a different development and support team.

It is however, a fact that Symantec investment in any Ghost product has been absent for some years and therefore support for new hardware technologies is not fully implemented.

If you have found a backup product that works for you, and is still being developed and updated regularly, such as Acronis, then stick with it.  Ghost was never intended primarily as a backup product as it is first and foremost an imaging tool. That is why it is not listed with software which IS intended first and foremost for backup.