Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Ghost 15 - 800706BE exception

Created: 09 Mar 2013 • Updated: 09 Mar 2013 | 2 comments

I have been using Ghost v15 for backup for a couple of years now. I have started receiving an exception 800706be I have spent hours diagnosing this problem....poking around on the Internet for a fix....replacing my external hard disk, etc.....trying a process of elimination as to what the problem may be. Finally.....I tried Acronis and it works fine......no issues. I prefer to stay with Ghost .....however I am not sure if Ghost is a discontinued product.....it is not even listed in the products list below under Backup and Recovery.

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

Moved to the correct forum.

EdT's picture

Norton Ghost 15 is supported in the Norton Community, to which you will find a link in one of the sticky postings at the top of this forum. The retail Norton product is actually based on a different technology to the Ghost Solution Suite product supported in this forum, and has a different development and support team.

It is however, a fact that Symantec investment in any Ghost product has been absent for some years and therefore support for new hardware technologies is not fully implemented.

If you have found a backup product that works for you, and is still being developed and updated regularly, such as Acronis, then stick with it.  Ghost was never intended primarily as a backup product as it is first and foremost an imaging tool. That is why it is not listed with software which IS intended first and foremost for backup.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.