Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost Boot CD and Lenovo x100e and T410 issue

Posted Sep 13, 2010 05:52 AM

Hi,

I have problem the last week to get the Ghost Boot CD to recognize the network card of the Lenovo X100e and T410. I have tried to import via Ghost Boot Wizard ALL the drivers of the LAN cards of ALL the lenovo devices we have (included the x100 and T410) but it is not recognized yet.

I want the LAN because we distribute the image via network and the only way to get it done at this time is to use a bootable USB with the image included (as a gho file)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Nikos

• 2.  RE: Ghost Boot CD and Lenovo x100e and T410 issue

Posted Sep 13, 2010 07:56 AM

If you are booting to WinPE 2 you need to use Vista 32 bit drivers.  Adding every driver in the Lenovo catalog can also cause problems as, for example, there are several Broadcom drivers but not all Broadcom drivers work with every Broadcom chipset.

So you need to check the PNP ID of the NIC in each of your machines and make sure the INF file in the driver you are adding, includes that PNP ID in the list of supported hardware.

Try removing any drivers that are not relevant to the machines in question to avoid any chance that another older driver supports the same PNP ID and loads first.

• 3.  RE: Ghost Boot CD and Lenovo x100e and T410 issue
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 13, 2010 10:40 AM

Hi Edt,

Right on time... I made some tests and found the same.

For the Ghost boot CD using PE, Vista drivers are needed.

I have imported from the console and now works fine.

Thanks,

Nikos