Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Ghost Cast Server 11.5 Issues?

Created: 03 Jul 2013 • Updated: 03 Jul 2013 | 1 comment

I  updated my computers(xp pro sp3 delloptiplex 745) and when i did this I took on computer of the network and disjoined it from the domain and renamed it ghostcopy.  (do I have to do this everytime I want to create a image and then restore it to another machine?)

I then proceded to create a new image of this system all went well with the new image.

I then had 3 computers that I wanted to use this image with the computers are already off the network so I just hooked one up and pushed the new image to the machine well it worked except for 2 things 

1. I cant change the name of the computer from ghostcopy to the name I want it to be to put back on the network how do i fix this?

2nd. The system settings change popup keeps coming up ??? How do i fix this?

Do you need to sysprep the machines first?

Thanks in advance

Operating Systems:

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

EdT's picture

Sysprep is indeed required if you want to be able to change the machine identity.  It will also resolve the issue with the system settings change dialog popping up, as this aspect of anti-piracy detection is suppressed when you run sysprep. No two machines are ever identical, as things like MAC addresses and BIOS serial numbers are unique to each system, so windows will always detect a change of hardware.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.