Ghost Console 11.5 Configuration Warning: Logon Failure
I know this has got to be something simple, but I am having a hard time getting ghost console authenticated in our Domain. I have worked in existing ghost environments before, but this is my first shot at setting one up from scratch.
Our ghost console is installed on one of our domain controllers, both of which are server 2008r2. I have hacked my way through the network driver-PE issues that im sure accompany many installs, but the congfiguration tasks continually fail. I think I understand the functions and components, but I will discuss what I think I understand, if you are able to ccorrect any please do so.
- The configuration task is directly related to the configuration tab under each machine in the ghost console.
- If I right click on the machine I can go to the configuration tab and then edit the default configuration.
- IF the default configuration includes a domain, and the ghost console has administrative access to that domain, it can join that computer to that domain based on its configuration (computer name etc)
- When you authorize a domain to the console, it for some reason (security?) does not appropriate the needed administrative rights to allow it to add computers to the domain.
My questions are this:
- What are the necessary group memberships for the console to properly add things to the domain?
- Is there an easy domain authentication check?
- Am I able to specify the password the console uses to authenticate in active directory? (I have tried changing it and Im not sure if that is an option.)
We arent using sysprep
We are using win-PE as a net-boot OS, and all is working fine with regards to imaging.
let me know if anything here is obviously amiss, or what I can do to further troubleshoot this issue that I am having with the config task.
Thanks in advance.