Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost to HP DL380 G4 Help

Posted Oct 20, 2010 04:58 PM

I am trying to push an image to an HP DL380 G4 server that has a RAID 5 on it, but I am having some difficulties. Each hard drive in the machine is 80GB. I am using a Ghost Boot disk that I made with the Ghost Suite 2.5.1. I can boot off the disk fine, and the GhostCast server picks the machine up on the network and will start pushing the image to it. The problem that I am having is that the image will fail because the total drive space is only 8GB recognized by the disk. Even removing the RAID still gives me the same issue. I was thinking maybe I need to put the appropriate RAID drivers on the bootable disk, but I wasn't positive so I figured I'd post this and see if anyone can help me out.

Thanks 

• 2.  RE: Ghost to HP DL380 G4 Help

Posted Oct 26, 2010 06:38 PM

I am guessing you are only seeing the Ram drive not the hard drive?  IF you can't see the raid container then drivers are not available or the container is not set up right. 

As a genneral rule you will need to configure the raid array in the controller's bios first then the os (windows PE in the case of Ghost) can see the drives if the raid controller driver is present.

cheers.

• 3.  RE: Ghost to HP DL380 G4 Help

Posted Nov 01, 2010 11:01 AM

Try going into the DOS ghost application on the server your trying to image and specifying the allocation for the partition you require manually.. i.e. multicast session-session name-source-then partition sizes (I think)

Works fine for me using the undi driver and no extra drivers on a 380 g4 by specifying the partition sizes manually..

M