Ghost Solution Suite

View Only

Ghost session failure from Windows Server 2012 R2

• 1.  Ghost session failure from Windows Server 2012 R2

Posted Jul 23, 2015 03:15 PM

Hello,

I have been using GhostCast Server to pull ghost images from a Window 2008 Server for years. We run Ghost on the client system and have a WATTCP.CFG file that specifies an IP address to connect from (172.x.x.x address). We can ghost across subnets by specifying the server IP address in “Discovery Method”, or use the “automatic setting when we use a (172.x.x.x) address when we are on the same side of the switch (I have two NICs in the server). I now have setup a Windows Server 2012 R2 server and have installed Ghost solution suite 2.5 (same as 2008 server). I again configured 2 NICs, one with a standard static IPon that subnet, and one with a 172.x.x.x address. If we are on the same subnet I can pull the images fine using the “automatic” setting, but when we try to pull an image across the network by specifying the server IP address in the “Discovery Method” section of the GhostCast Server it never connects and fails with an error 10030. The GHOSTERR.TXT file specifies a 19932 error. This is obviously an issue with my Server 2012 R2 settings, as everything is configured the same on both servers in regards to the Ghost Solution Suite and GhostCast Server, and it works on Server 2008, but not Server 2012. Any ideas? Is there a port I may need to open that is closed by default on Server 2012? Again, I CAN pull images from the new server if I am on the same side of the switch AND use a 172.x.x.x address instead of a standard address on the subnet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.