Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 on 'Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition'

Posted Mar 25, 2010 07:36 PM
    Hi,

We have a new server (Intel XEON, 8GB Ram) with 'Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition'  as the operating systems. We are now having issues getting 'Ghost Solution Suite 2.5' installed and working correctly.

Below is details and background on the problem I'm having;

Initially I could not get it installed but by looking on another forum I managed to get it installed by running the following:
    "msiexec /i  "D:\setups\Ghost\Ghost Solution Suite 2.5\Symantec Ghost Update\Symantec Ghost Installer\Install\Symantec Ghost.msi" /l*v c:\install.log" which works to install the program.

When I tried to start Ghost I recieved an error about the "Symanted Ghost Configuration Server " not starting. From reading another forum I downloaded a patch "Ghost_Solution_Suite_2.5_server-client_b2165", extracted the contents and replaced the ngserver.exe file on the system. This works to get the service started

Now when I try to start the Ghost Console the application starts to open and then just hangs. I'm now not sure what I can do to get it working. Do you have any suggestions or ideas as to what i can try to get it going?

Thanks
    Jeff

• 2.  RE: Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 on 'Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition'

Posted Mar 26, 2010 05:49 PM

Perhaps, you need to try the new SGSS2.51 build 2266 ?

• 3.  RE: Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 on 'Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition'

Posted Mar 27, 2010 12:31 PM
    I agree with tch; I would try the updated build. I have sent a PM with the link.

Thank you,

Randy

• 4.  RE: Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 on 'Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition'

Posted Mar 28, 2010 07:00 PM
    Thanks guys. I'm downloading it now and will give it a shot :)

• 5.  RE: Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 on 'Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition'

Posted Mar 28, 2010 11:26 PM

I had to use 7-Zip to extract the file, otherwise i'd get an error that it was corrupted. Once again thank you very much :)

Cheers
    Jeff

• 6.  RE: Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 on 'Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition'

Posted Mar 29, 2010 01:32 AM
    I'm glad you got that installed... did it resolve the issue?

• 7.  RE: Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 on 'Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition'

Posted Mar 29, 2010 02:24 AM
    err. not exactly installed yet. When i double click on the setup.exe or run it using the msiexec command i specified in my original post to upgrade to v2.5.1 , I get this error message: "The wizard was interrupted before Symantec Ghost Server could be completely installed."

When I try to uninstall the exisisting installation i get an error message dialogue box: "Fatal Error During installation"  and it then exits.

Any ideas? Is there any way to manually un-install the previous version first or services i need to turn off to upgrade?

EDIT: I've since got it installed. I had to run the
    Windows Installer CleanUp utility first and then it allowed the install of v2.5.1- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

But now the Console seems to hang when I try to open it...

Regards,
    Jeff