Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 Windows Server 2003 R2, Raid 0

Posted Sep 15, 2009 02:54 PM
    I am trying to image a Windows 2003 Server R2, that is mirrored in a Raid 0 config using GSS 2.5 I can get the console to manage the server but I am unable to get the image creation task to work successfully.
    What I am trying for is to have the image created to an external USB drive using  Volume Snapshot. I tested this method out on another pc running xp on a scsi drive and it worked successfully. But I am unable to get the server to clone. This is for just backup purposes for a disaster recovery plan. Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 Windows Server 2003 R2, Raid 0

Posted Sep 16, 2009 05:56 AM
    Are you booting to WinPE to create the image of your server?
    If so, have you installed the RAID drivers for your hardware array into WinPE?

• 3.  RE: Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 Windows Server 2003 R2, Raid 0

Posted Sep 16, 2009 10:35 AM
    I was hoping to do so without having to down the server, and use a volume snapshot (live) mode. But I have been unsuccessful in getting it to work.
    If I cannot get it work in live mode then I will try the WinPE probably using WinPE-512 since it has more of the drivers built-in.

I have the external usb HD attached as Drive E: and the server sees it successfully, but when I try to Ghost it fails with no real reason in the log file as to why.

• 4.  RE: Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 Windows Server 2003 R2, Raid 0
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2009 10:54 AM
    In reading another issue I found my answer... Server OS doesn't support snapshot.
    So I will do the old fashion way.

Thanks for all the help.