Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost Solutions Suite 2.5.1

Posted Apr 28, 2011 04:02 PM
    I am trying to boot up a Dell Optiplex E6510 with with either, any and all: 3 Com PXE and hangs at my ethernet address is. I have also tried creating a ghost network boot disk with PC-DOS and it hangs at IBM Netbin Version 2.1. and I have also tried creating a ghost network boot disk with Winows PE and I get this error. Windows Failed to Start. A Recent hardware or Software change might be the cause. To Fix the Problem: I have been using ghost for over ten years and I got these errors yesterday when I created an Image of a windows 7 professional, but was not able to have it boot thru 3Com PXE, or ghost boot wizard for PC-DOS or Windows PE. I was able to get the image thru my ghost console, but I am runnnig into the same problem when I try to deploy the image to the other computers, I can get them to connect to my ghost cast server.

• 2.  RE: Ghost Solutions Suite 2.5.1

Posted Apr 29, 2011 12:49 AM

Hello,

I have seen you have logged case in Titan. Mean while you can try few links below

1. PCDOS boot package hangs on new Dell Laptop (Latitude E4310 / E6410)

2. How to use the 3Com Boot Services with Symantec Ghost        

3. How to use the 3Com Boot Services with Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 using WinPE        

Also refer Ghost implementation guide which is located at Ghost installed folder.

• 3.  RE: Ghost Solutions Suite 2.5.1

Posted May 03, 2011 06:08 PM

Make sure you have GSS 11.5 build 2266 for win 7 support.  versions prior to this could cause issues because of non win 7 compatability.

cheers.