Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghost32/64 -Integrity Check - Mapped Drive Not showing

Posted Jan 27, 2015 09:49 AM

Hello,

We use Ghost Solution suite 11.5.1.2266 On Windows 2008R2 Server

Have multiple classrooms connected via Ghost Console to deploy images to weekly. The hardware we are deploying to is Dell optiplex 745, 755, 390, 790, 7010 & 9020. One of our departments will build the images and after building they need to do an Image check to verify it captured properly. This is done on a Windows 8 machine via Ghost32.exe by clicking LOCAL -> CHECK -> IMAGE FILE. They want to be able to see the mapped networkdrives under "look in:" field where you can see the local drives, but not any mapped drives. The account they are logging into on that Windows 8 machine is part of an AD security group that has full access to the shared folder on our FTP server. Then the images get automatically sinced to different sites that will use them.

You can get to the foders under file name by typing out the unc path \\Server-name\share but I want to make this easy for them to find.

I am able to get it to show up in "look in" using the syntax below. But after reboot it is gone. It will only work if from an elevated command prompt. 

Net use k: \\server-name\share /user:username password /persistent:yes

I have tried to set the Ghost32/64 to run as an administrator. And in compatibility mode. I believe it used to show up with not ineraction. I have also check windows firewall and that is shut off.

A little back ground if needed. After the pc configuration is done. That department will PXE boot the machine to capture the image after setting up a session via Ghost cast server. The PXE setup is identical to the setup in this Doc https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/one-pxe-menu-unite-them-all-dos-linux-winpe

Any suggestions are appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Ghost32/64 -Integrity Check - Mapped Drive Not showing

Posted Jan 27, 2015 11:30 AM

Why don't you handle drive mappings in a login script?  The mappings are then created in the same session as the users and thus they will be visible.

• 3.  RE: Ghost32/64 -Integrity Check - Mapped Drive Not showing

Posted Jan 27, 2015 05:43 PM

Thank you EdT

I always find your advice to be most helpful on the forums. We manage via GPO for 2 mappings and another is tied to the user account.

I did find that is was more of a dos problem where it would see the mappings in a regular promt but not in an elevated prompt. Adding a entery to the registry fixed it. thre is an article here that covers it. It was for Vista in the article but it did apply to my Windows 8 instance.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/mapped-drives-are-not-seen-from-elevated-command-prompt-in-vista/

• 4.  RE: Ghost32/64 -Integrity Check - Mapped Drive Not showing

Posted Jan 29, 2015 06:42 AM

Thanks for sharing that link - I have added it to my reference list of useful sites.