Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  GhostCast Image deploy fails Optiplex 745

Posted Mar 02, 2007 11:23 AM
    Im running GSS 2.0 on a Vista machine; Attempting to deploy an image using GhostCast server to an Optiplex 745 machine.

I created the image using GhostCast server from the same machine, I am testing the push image back using GhostCast server as well.

Using Multicast or DirectCast it fails after about 1% with a Timeout error

Using Unicast it will get about 70% through and then fail

When I look at the PC as it fails it seems as if it is failing on random files.

This is NOT using sysprep or ghostwalker as most of the problems I saw were.

I am using the UNDI driver w/ PXE Enabled, the drives are SATA and I checked if I could find an IRQ conflict but the BIOS does not enable you to change the IRQ

I tried downloading the latest Broadcom driver but could not even boot the GC CD with network support using it.

• 2.  RE: GhostCast Image deploy fails Optiplex 745

Posted Mar 07, 2007 01:54 AM
    Hi Chris,

Since we heard about 745 couple of times in the forum, we got one of them and tested with both Universal packet driver and BC driver. It did not show any issues and the transfer rate was over 1GB in a Gigabit network, with factory defaults (except turning on PXE, default was PXE off).

It is strange why there are issues in the field with this model, could you please let me know the configuration and BIOS version? What we have came with a SATA harddisk and a SATA DVD plus 2GB RAM.

In the same network, could you clone other models of computers successfully?

Krish