Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghostcast server error 19945 when creating image

Posted Jul 13, 2010 03:24 AM
    Hi

I've got some problems with trying to create an image of a new laptop (Compaq 610) with Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet

We're using Ghostcast Server 11.0.2.1573 on Windows 2003.

It works fine creating and restoring images for all our other PCs and laptops, just not that particular model. I have found the following solutions as suggested here:
    link

1) There is definately enough disc space on the server
    2) Have also tried a UNC path
    3) Have disabled WLAN in bios
    4) Server has only 1 nic and 1 ip
    5) Looks like the Marvell Yukon driver is loaded
    6) Tried connecting on the same switch as the ghostcast server

I'm pretty much out of ideas, can anyone help?

• 2.  RE: Ghostcast server error 19945 when creating image

Posted Jul 13, 2010 05:21 AM
    Does the 610 have a PCMCIA/Cardbus slot?
    If so, do you have an old plug in NIC card which you could try in place of using the Marvell Yukon adapter?
    This would at least establish if the problem is with the Marvell Yukon drivers.

If the bios offers Legacy or Compatibility mode for the hard disk on the 610, you could try setting that also, rather than the default which I expect is AHCI, to see if the issue is caused by lack of SATA driver support.

• 3.  RE: Ghostcast server error 19945 when creating image

Posted Jul 14, 2010 09:06 PM

No, no slots at all.

Thanks for the suggestion - Managed to work around the problem by creating and restoring the images from an external hard drive, so I believe it's definately something to do with NIC drivers.
    I'm going to do some further testing with the Ghost Boot Wizard this week, there's no documentation here so wish me luck!

• 4.  RE: Ghostcast server error 19945 when creating image

Posted Jul 14, 2010 09:21 PM

Just a suggestion, but try cold booting into ghost. I have some older PC's with Marvell LAN onboard and they seem to retain some settings until they are cold booted ....  It used to make ghosted a pain... 

Check your task log from the view menu, it will hopefully give you a better Idea of the problem... If you still haven't got anywhere then I'd suggest you try injecting the latest drivers, I'd suggest you inject the latest AHCI drivers as well as the Marvel drivers.