Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghostcast Windows 8.1 Dell E5440 image Error code 0x0000225

Posted Jul 18, 2014 06:20 PM

We just received a new shippment of Dell Latitudes E5440 with Windows 8.1.  I'm using 3Com Boot Services for a PXE and TFTP server to use Ghostcast server (11.5.1.2266) to capture and load images for our deployment of a department standardized image.  After I got the out-of-box OS setup as I would like to have it I create an image using Ghostcast, with all default options.  In order for me to capture the image I need to place the BIOS settings from uEFI to Legacy to boot from the NIC to hit the PXE server.  After I image a new laptop, I need to boot into the BIOS settings and change the boot options back to uEFI boot but when it boots I get the following: "error code 0xc0000225 \windows\system32\winload.efi".

I use a USB that I had loaded Windows 8.1 on. I am able to boot into the WinPE and used the command prompt to run the following commands:

x:\windows\system32\bcdedit /set {default} device partition=c:
     x:\windows\system32\bcdedit /set {default} osdevice partition=c:
     x:\windows\system32\bcdedit /set {bootmgr} device partition=c:

After I run the commands and then reboot the laptops boots off just fine.  My problem is that I would like to not have to do this with every laptop I image and was hoping there was a way to incorporate these commands somehow or if GhostCast sever can do something to correct this error.  Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-us/b26a0560-b3a1-4236-b0de-35065ac38575/missing-or-corrupt-winloadexe-0xc000000e?forum=itprovistadeployment

• 2.  RE: Ghostcast Windows 8.1 Dell E5440 image Error code 0x0000225

Posted Jul 28, 2014 01:51 PM

Hello!

My apologies for the late response. I would recommend using the command line switch -IB during image creation to pick up the boot track. That may help. Also, sre you using the WinPE 4 Ghost UEFI boot package? You would need to call supoport to get the full instructsions and file downloads, but that tends to be needed with Windows 8.1 UEFI machines.

Thank you,

Randy