Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghosting a Compaq 615, ghost error 11032

Posted Oct 12, 2009 11:46 AM
    Hi, I'm having alot of problems ghosting my Compaq 615 laptops, the original problem was using a boot CD ghost.exe failed to load, timing out after approx half an hour, and so far have been unable to save an error log because we use CDs, I've tried all versions of boot disk OS and had little results so have moved onto PXE boot which works fine expect...

My problem lies in the PXE boot, it launches ghost.exe and gets an IP address from DHCP great! However when I go into GhostCast (or local) it fails to find the hard disk giving the error "No valid source drive to choose (11032)" and returns to the ghost menu. I have tried modifying the SATA mode to ACHI / IDE, using ACHI mode i can see the hard disk however will cause corruptipn to the Win XP OS im taking an image of, IDE wont show a valid hard disk. I have tried to make an error file by using CTRL + C however I cant work out how to get it off the client machine to post it.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated

Chris
    HSFC

• 2.  RE: Ghosting a Compaq 615, ghost error 11032

Posted Oct 12, 2009 12:08 PM
    Hi, quick update:

Ive tried the PXE boot on a HP6730 (both laptops share NIC) and ghost booted and found the HDD fine
    I've also tried another Compaq 615 and had the same issue so its not a bad system board

Thanks