Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Ghosting a Win 2003 Server

Posted Dec 08, 2006 02:23 AM
    I would like to Ghost a Win 2003 server (disk to disk) in order to increase the harddisk space. The current HD is 60GB and the new HD will be 160. There used to be limitations in the past when attempting to perform this task with a server. Can I Ghost the 60GB disk to a 160GB disk without any problems?

• 2.  RE: Ghosting a Win 2003 Server

Posted Dec 10, 2006 02:43 AM
    >There used to be limitations in the past when attempting to perform this task with a server.

The only limitation I know of with respect to server versions of the operating systems is not a limitation of Ghost or of the server editions of the OS, but a consequence of either what people put on them - i.e., complex distributed databases with elaborate authentication systems - or run them on - exotic RAID controllers with drivers made of unobtainium.

> Can I Ghost the 60GB disk to a 160GB disk without any problems?

Doing a simple drive transplant on a server should be fine. You might run into trouble if the drive is on a RAID controller, in which case you'll need either suitable drivers for DOS, or to use Ghost32 on Windows PE to load the specific mass storage drivers for the RAID controller.