Messaging Gateway

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

• 1.  Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted Apr 29, 2009 08:54 AM
    We recently upgraded our appliance to Brightmail V 8.X.X

Since that time we cannot backup our device anymore , we receive the following error : 

ERROR:
    Failed to run: '/opt/Symantec/Brightmail/mysql/bin/mysqldump': mysqldump:
    Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Can somebody point us how to solve this problem ?
    The putty session shows us it's an -rbash core , so no tools available as far as I know ...

thanks for any ideas !

• 2.  RE: Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted Apr 29, 2009 08:55 AM

• 3.  RE: Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted Apr 29, 2009 09:40 AM
    Looks like a database problem, you should ring into Suport to get some help in fixing it.

Cheers,

Kevin

• 4.  RE: Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted May 04, 2009 08:24 AM
    I have a similar issue and mysqlcheck --auto-repair doesn't help

Error when backing up:
    Cannot backup the database on the local host.
    ERROR: Failed to run: '/opt/Symantec/Brightmail/mysql/bin/mysqldump': mysqldump: Error 1194: Table 'spam_message_summary_msg_id' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when dumping table `spam_message_summary_msg_id` at row: 1560 

Thanks for any help in advance 

• 5.  RE: Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted May 07, 2009 04:44 AM
    Hi you can try to use mysql admin tools to check the db, and tables.

• 6.  RE: Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted May 07, 2009 05:06 AM
    OK, I do have Admin tools on my laptop , but on which TCP port is Mysql configured on these appliances ?
    Because the default port doens't seem to respond.

• 7.  RE: Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted May 07, 2009 11:04 PM
    Hi Team, is it possible to detach the database, backup to a site, or host it on another site?

Taneo,
    Can you check the error.log?

So that we can Teneo, can perform check thru msql admin tools?

• 8.  RE: Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted May 13, 2009 03:36 AM
     I'm not sure what you mean with " check the error.log" ...

There is no error.log

I have : 

agent_log
    bmclient_log
    bmserver_log
    boot.log
    BrightmailLog.log
    conduit_log
    db-migration.log
    dmesg
    jlu-controller_log
    maillog
    secure
    update.log
    imrelay_log
    imlinkage_log
    liveupdt.log

• 9.  RE: Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted May 13, 2009 04:04 AM
    For me the second try with mysqlcheck is solved the problem.

• 10.  RE: Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted May 13, 2009 04:33 AM
    I mean logs when you perform mysqlcheck, have you tried to reboot the device then perform msqlchk. But before doing these you must have a working backup (just in-case).

• 11.  RE: Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted May 13, 2009 05:18 AM
     I'm sorry guys, but HOW do you perform this mysqlcheck ??
    I have no mysqlcheck command in SSH session ?

• 12.  RE: Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted May 13, 2009 08:30 AM
     Hi,

The mysqlcheck command is not available to the admin user.

You should contact support to get this issue addressed, accessing Brightmail Gateway with higher priviledges than Admin is not supported.

Hope that helps,

//ian

• 13.  RE: Got error: 145: Table './brightmail/report_sender' is marked as crashed and should be repaired when using LOCK TABLES

Posted May 13, 2009 09:43 AM
    Hi

Thanks, that is clear to me.
    We are contacting Sym. support!