Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  the Group Policy Setting on (Windows Server 2008 R2) for the public PCs did not work after installing SEP client

Posted Nov 26, 2012 12:22 PM

Hello

My company uses Antivirus Norman and is going to use Symantec Endpoint Protection and Management.
    We bought Symantec Endpoint Protection and Management v.12

Everything works fine so fare, but the Group Policy Setting on (Windows Server 2008 R2) for the public PCs did not work.

The Group Policy Setting for the public PCs: internet access to only 5 websites or IPs are listed under the outgoing firewall

This GP setting works fine on Antivirus Norman and does not work on Symantec Endpoint Protection

After installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client version 12.1.1101.401 and the Group Policy setting did not apply on the public PCs. Why?

After uninstalling the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client version 12.1.1101.401 and the Group Policy setting applied on the public PCs. Why?

It seems to me that the Symantec Endpoint Protection Policy overwrites the GP setting

Other words: The public PCs can access all websites after installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client version 12.1.1101.401

Please tell me how to solve the problem?

Thanks

Best regards

Tri

• 2.  RE: the Group Policy Setting on (Windows Server 2008 R2) for the public PCs did not work after installing SEP client

Posted Nov 26, 2012 12:36 PM

What components do you have installed for SEP? Are you running the application and device control component?

For servers, I would only install the AV component to start...

• 3.  RE: the Group Policy Setting on (Windows Server 2008 R2) for the public PCs did not work after installing SEP client

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2012 12:38 PM

SEP client does not interfere with Windows group policy. Are thesere any errors related to policy not applied becuase of SEP, from either windows logs or SEP logs?

to confirm it can you install only Av component and check if it works?

• 4.  RE: the Group Policy Setting on (Windows Server 2008 R2) for the public PCs did not work after installing SEP client