GRT-Restore of single mails in Exchange 2010 fails
I'm at a customer site right now and we have the problem, that we can backup an Exchange-DB (2010, DAG with CAS Array) pretty well and fast, but cannot do any restores of single mails.
The error message is "Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier"
I'm pretty sure to have followed all available tech notes and KB articles.
Here are the facts about the environment:
- Yes, BE is patched...
- Backup is done to classic B2D
- The account used for the backup restore is Domain Admin and has Organization Admin permissions in Exchange
- The account used for the backup restore has a mailbox (visible) and we can logon to that mailbox via OWA (we also sent some mails from there)
- All machines are within a single domain
- The BESA has all permissions on the BE Server
- The same for the account for the backup
- "Normal" file restores are not a problem
- SGMON shows "could not resolve the news-ndmp or the ndmp service error code 10109 using port 10000"
- SGMON shows "beconvertservernameplus returned error 87"
- The BE server has a teamed NIC (HP)
Hope, I didn't forget anything.
Anyone any idea?
All the best from Germany,