GRT will not work in backup exec 2012
We are backing up both Exchange 2010 and SQL 2005 and 2008 servers.
We keep getting this exception in the backup exec logs indicating that we will not be able to perform granular restoration on these machines.
Backup- VRTSRV::\\SVR10\Hyper-V?Virtual?Machine\ Exch 2010
V-79-57344-38727 - Backup Exec failed to snap virtual machine 'Exch 2010' and was unable to collect the necessary metadata to restore individual application items. You cannot perform GRT-enabled restores of application data from this backup.
I've read several links associated with this error, and here is what I have checked on so far as per Symantec's KB Article:TECH155335 :
1. The latest version of backup exec agent is installed
2. Backup exec server can connect to the virtual machine
3. The correct credentials are in use
4. GRT is enabled for both exchange 2010 and SQL server
Some additional information:
1. Trust has been established
2. VSSadmin list providers indicates that the only provider is MS shadow copy v126.96.36.199. The backup job in question is also set to select MS shadow copy for snapshots.
3. VSSadmin list writers indicates no errors.
What else should i be looking for? Is there any kind of logging that i can enable to further troubleshoot this? I know we have the debug and diagnostic tools built into BE but not sure as to which would be better or if there is already a fix for what ails me out there. Any advice would be appreciated.