GSS 2.5 multicasting stops after a few minutes
We have a set of new Windows 7 laptops that will be stored in two mobile carts that have wired ethernet connections and a switch within. I use (or planned to use) GSS wake-on-lan to boot the laptops and commence an image cast operation. The problem is that the pushing stops after a few minutes. Restarting the switch in the cart resumes the data transfer but it stops again after a few minutes. After a dozen or so restarts (of the switch) the image cast was finally successful. The switch is a D-LINK DGS-1100-16 (a model I have not used before) that supports IGMP snooping and it is enabled. Our older computers have worked fine with GSS multicasting.
Things tried so far:
- A different switch of the same model
- A different ethernet wall socket and a different ethernet cable
- Rebooting all switches in the subnet
- Verifying igmp settings on other switches. Igmp snooping was enabled on all switches but there was no igmp querier, I enabled that feature on one switch but it made no difference
- The switch does not appear to crash, at least the management interface works even after the multicasting has stopped.
Any ideas? I will try cloning the same group of laptops using one of our older switches tomorrow, but even if it works it does not solve the problem with the carts as our old switches are too big.