hardware compression disabled
sorry about my poor English ;-)
here is one more discussion about compression and Backup Exec:
symptom: tape hardware compression is disabled during start of Backup Exec services
- stopping all services of Backup Exec
- start LTT and generate a support ticket, shows hardware compression disabled!
- using LTT configuration utility setting compression to enable
- verify setting by using the support ticket function again - compression is enabled
- verify setting by using LTT test utility compression test, reporting 2.16 to 2.31 :-)
- starting Backup Exec services and after that immediately stopping them
- verify setting by using the support ticket function of LTT again - compression is DISABLED!
-> this proves that no job configuration causes this issue - whats going on here?
what we did:
- changed tape drive - HP did!
- downgrading firmware in tape WP8A to WP86
- using new media
- verifying drivers, service packs, etc.
- Microsoft SBS 2003 R2
- Backup Exec 12.0 Rev. 1364 SP3
- HP DAT 160 firmware WP8A / downgraded to WP86, driver Symantec v5.1
- Adaptec 29160LP with latest adaptec driver v6.4.630.100
I am sorry, but I cannot say if compression was ever working correctly, because the critical
amount of data was reached in september (about 83.000.000.000 bytes)
Thank you for helping me out ...