Patch Management Group

View Only
  • 1.  Has onyone experiences in Patching Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11.2 with Altiris?

Posted Feb 28, 2013 05:13 AM

Hello,

we ware trying to patch our Suse Linux Enterprise Servers 11.2 with Altiris.

We get a selection of the Patches in the Altiris Management Server, however they were not installed.

Did someone already try to Patch a Linux Enterprise Server 112. with Altiris Server Management Suite?

• 2.  RE: Has onyone experiences in Patching Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11.2 with Altiris?

Posted Feb 28, 2013 08:33 AM

Hi,

Are you talking about SUSE Linux Enterprise Servers 11 SP2?

There are no limitations in product to patch SUSE Linux Enterprise Servers 11 SP2, however this platform is not officially certified for ITMS 7.1 SP2 release.

Please make sure that updates that you have selected are applicable to your machines.

Thanks

Alex.

• 3.  RE: Has onyone experiences in Patching Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11.2 with Altiris?

Posted Mar 01, 2013 12:50 AM

Yes, I'm talking about SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2, I'm sorry.

We have selected applicable patches. Altiris Downloads the Patch on the Server but makrs it as not installable. If we install the Patch in the Altiris folder manual, it works without any problems.

• 4.  RE: Has onyone experiences in Patching Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11.2 with Altiris?

Posted Mar 01, 2013 03:23 AM

Hi,<u1:p></u1:p>

As I already mentioned SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 is not officially supported platform for ITMS 7.1 SP2 release.

How do you see that update is marked as not installable? Are you able to distribute update package and create update policy for it?

<u1:p> </u1:p>

Thanks<u1:p></u1:p>

Alex.<u1:p></u1:p>