Having the 7.1 agents in an image
I understand that the "Prepare for Image capture" task should be stripping the Altiris Agent GUID from the client when an image is made that has the agents installed, but that isn't happening for me (DS7.1 SP1a MR1).
In addition, I noticed a few other bugs with the "Prepare for Image capture" / "Deploy Image" tasks:
- A "C:\Setup" folder is created during "Prepare for Image capture". This contents of this folder makes me believe that it is a mistake and should be created at: C:\Windows\Setup
- The unattend.xml file in the C:\Windows\Panther folder is not tokenized after a "Deploy Image" task is run if "custom Sysprep configuration file" is specified in the task.
- If you change the custom "Sysprep Configuration" file, you cannot Save the changes in the task until you make another change to the task.
- As mentioned, the "Prepare for Image capture" is not striping the agent GUID as it should, now every computer I derive from this image has the same GUID.
I can get past all the three first bugs easily enough, but can someone point me towards documentation on how to properly (manually) strip the GUIDs (or reset) and do any other necessary cleanup for the 7.1 agents before imaging?
In 6.9 I used to do the following:
- Stop Altiris Agent service
- Stop Altiris Client service
- Delete all files in Altiris Agent\Client Policies
- Delete all files in Altiris Agent\Queue\<srvrname>
- Delete all files in Altiris Agent\Tasks\Aextaskschedulerlock\
- Delete all files in Altiris Agent\Software Delivery\
- Delete Altiris Agent\AeXUserMonitorLog.xml
- Delete all files in Altiris Agent\Logs\
- Delete HKLM\Software\Altiris\Altiris Agent\MachineGuid
- Delete HKLM\Software\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Inventory\PrimaryUser
- Delete HKLM\Software\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Inventory\PrimaryUserRecordDays
- Delete HKLM\Software\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Servers\<svrname>
- Delete HKLM\Software\Altiris\eXpress\MachineGuid
- Delete HKLM\Software\Altiris\eXpress\NS Client\MachineGuid
- Delete HKLM\Software\Altiris\Client Service\NSMachineGUID
- Delete HKLM\Software\Altiris\Computing Edge\Notification Server\MachineGuid
Would love to know the specifics for 7.1