Help with Robotic Tape Library after upgrading to BE 2012
So I recnetly upgraded from BE 2010 R3 to BE 2012 and things have not gone as smoothly as I was hoping. We are using an IBM TS3100 Robotic Tape Library with 2x drives.
Firstly, I keep getting errors/emails as follows:
(Server: "OURSERVER") Library Expansion Option Violation. This server is licensed to support 0 tape drives in robotic libraries. However, the number of tape drives currently in use exceeds the license. You must purchase additional Library Expansion Options, or disable 1 tape drive. Please refer to product documentation for more information.
We had no such errors with 2010, so what am I missing?
Secondly, backups ran last night but a couple failed with the error:
e0008821 - Job was recovered as a result of Backup Exec RPC service starting. No user action is required.
This is the same error I was having with 2010 R3, so I thought I better bring everything up-to-date before I asked for further help on this error.
Thirdly, since my backups ran last night, the job that failed is reporting that the tape is still in the drive. I have used the library web gui to move the tape from the drive back into an empty slot, but no matter what I do to BE (restarting the server/restarting services etc) the drive still says that is active and has a tape in it.
Fourthly (if thats a word), as a result of the above point I thought that I would try to reconfigure my tape library settings/drivers etc. I have ended up with the 2 x drives (one still showing as active/in use even though its not) but it does not seem to have detected the robotic tape library and I have no way to view the 'slots'.
Its a shame that the migration was not partiularly smooth!