Video Screencast Help

help to upgrade sep 11.0.6 to 12.0

Created: 28 Mar 2012 • Updated: 19 Sep 2012 | 157 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi all,

Any help is really appreciated.

Now we are using SEPM version 11.0.6, we are planning to upgrade to version 12 and also willing to change it from physical machine to VM which has more RAM and C drive space as the old one has only 50GB for C drive.

The below knowledge base explains only upgradation in the same machine.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/s...

But we are thinking of changing the server ip and location and planning to do it on weekend so it will not affect users.

I have few questions though:

1)How can we take DB backup and migrate it to new one, so that i will remove the old server.

2)How will clients know about the new server, should i manually upgrade or does the feature auto upgrade will make the clients know about new server

3)Or do i need to install sep in every client after new sepm?

Please provide steps to remove the old sever and migrate it to new one.

Should i follow the disaster recovery procedure or is there any other.

plese respond fast!!!

Thanks in advance to all users.

Regard,

Anoop Jeevan.

Comments 157 CommentsJump to latest comment

pete_4u2002's picture

you should be looking at the second option from this article

How to move Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager from one machine to another

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104389

have few questions though:

1)How can we take DB backup and migrate it to new one, so that i will remove the old server.

SEP 11 – Disaster recovery

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH102333

SEP 12- Disaster recovery

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160736

2)How will clients know about the new server, should i manually upgrade or does the feature auto upgrade will make the clients know about new server

set Management server List with priority 1 as the new SEPM as from article

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104389

once all the clients move to the new SEPM use the auto upgrade feature to upgrade the clients as well.

Upgrading clients by using AutoUpgrade

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO55058

3)Or do i need to install sep in every client after new sepm? 

please check the above article

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

First upgrade existing SEPM to SEPM 12.1 then adopt any of the following option.

There are two methods to move Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) from one machine to another:

Method 1: if the SEPM server keeps the same IP and host name, you can refer to "Best Practices for Disaster Recovery with the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager"

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag....

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160736

Method 2: if the new SEPM server has a different IP and host name, there are two alternatives:

1. Use replication to install a new SEPM and keep the policy the same with old SEPM. See "How to move Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager from one machine to another" 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH104389

Note : Replication is an option, but its better not to go for that. Beacuse if you do replication and remove the old server that is the Primary SEPM , in future if you want to do replication you will not be able to do so.

2. Install a new SEPM, then use the Sylink file to establish communication between the new SEPM and the existing SEP client through sylink replacer tool.

Note : Sylink replacer tool is most commonly used option because it's easy to use.

Please go through following thread for more details:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/migration-clients-other-server-sepm#comment-5229601

Link for more information :

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

Question from you :

1)How can we take DB backup and migrate it to new one, so that i will remove the old server. - Follow above suggested steps

2)How will clients know about the new server, should i manually upgrade or does the feature auto upgrade will make the clients know about new server - Auto upgrade won't help to point to new server.

3)Or do i need to install sep in every client after new sepm? - No, once all the clients pointed to new server you can use auto upgrade to upgrade them to latest version.

I hope it will help you.

Chetan Savade
Sr Technical Support Engineer, Endpoint Security
Enterprise Technical Support
CCNA | CCNP | MCSE | SCTS |

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.<

Dushan Gomez's picture

Thanks for sharing the guide here completely.

Dushan Gomez
IT Manager
VCP 4 and 5 | MCITP Exchange Server | MCTS SharePoint Server | MCP Windows XP

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi pete,

I actually want to remove the old machine from the network, so i am thinking of doing disaster recovery

which will have same ip address and same host name.

The problem here is my old server name is like avsrvr@xyz where xyz is my old domain

we have migrated to new office with new domain abc

now my server i need to configure should be some thing like avsrvr@abc.

but i dont want to do replication as i no longer needed the primary server to be in old domain.

Kindly suggest some procedures

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan.

pete_4u2002's picture

once the clients are reported you can remove the old server.

if not follow the DR steps and copy the DB on new server , however it should have same name  and IP address.

Once restored client will start communicating to new server.

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

I am also opting for disaster recovery but sever names(host names).

wait a minutes is both server names and host names are same?

clarify please.

Can't i just take db backup from  my sepm in old server in old domain and un-install it.

and install sepm in new server in new domain and make use data base which we have taken backup from old machine and make all policies and clients communicate to the new server despite of the server name change???

I dont want any machines in old domain.

so please guide me

Thanks in advance chetan.

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi anoopjeevan,

Both server names and host names should be the same if you are following disaster recovery.

How many SEP clients you have in network ? Do you have specific custom policies at SEPM ?

Question - sepm in new server in new domain and make use data base which we have taken backup from old machine and make all policies and clients communicate to the new server despite of the server name change??? --> 

Ans: It won't work.

Chetan Savade

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.<

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

thanks for your response.

My scenario is i need to have my present sepm to shifted to VM in same(xyz) domain and also have a backup sepm in new (abc) domin in case of failure.

Can i follow these steps:

1)upgrade sep11.6 to 12.1 in physical machine first in xyz domain

2)then do disaster recovery to VM in xyz domain.

3)Now uninstall SEPM in physical machine which i have mentioned in step 1.

4)Now create a back up sepm by using replication from VM in xyz domain to new sepm in abc domain.

Is it right?

Is also have one question, to have  a backup server in case of failure is replication the best way or can you propose any better option??

Thanks for your quick responses chetan.

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi anoopjeevan,

How many SEP clients you have in network ? Do you have specific custom policies at SEPM ?

If you have less number of clients you can go with Sylink replacer to restore client communication to avoid all these steps.

Can i follow these steps:

1)upgrade sep11.6 to 12.1 in physical machine first in xyz domain

2)then do disaster recovery to VM in xyz domain.

3)Now uninstall SEPM in physical machine which i have mentioned in step 1.

4)Now create a back up sepm by using replication from VM in xyz domain to new sepm in abc domain.

Is it right?

--> Proposed plan should work but it looks very lenghty and time consuming.

Is also have one question, to have  a backup server in case of failure is replication the best way or can you propose any better option??

--> Two options are available 

1) Failover and loadbalancing

2) Replication

Again depends upon number of clients and business requirement, Selection is different per customer.

Customer select option as per network design & future development.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

thanks for your response.

We have around 500 machines(pcs,laptops,servers) in our network and we are using embedded database.

I didn't quite get you about Custom policies.sad

We use different sets of policies for different groups like for all employees we blocke usb and cd rom access with application and device control policy and like that. If that is what custom policies meant.smiley

How does Sylink replacer work?You said that i can skip all the steps, so at what point of my scenario i should use thsi sylink replacer?

when should i use it?Does i have to be physically present at each system to upload it?

Kindly provide any knowledge doc covering Failover and loadbalancing.

Your help is appreciated very much.

Thanks in advance,

Anoop Jeevan.

anoopjeevan's picture

Also my current sepm version is 11.0.6200.754.How can i know whether its enterprise edition or small business edition, could you help me with this, so that  i know which flavour i should download of 12.1 version from file connect.

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi anoopjeevan,

You are using 11.0.6200.754 i.e RU6 MP2 Enterprise Edition

Check this article to know all the details: http://bit.ly/m0vOJp

You are correct about custom policies as you have different policies per group.

Sylink.xml file is required to restore client communicatin with SEPM, Sylink replcer tool can replace Sylink.xml on all existing SEP clients from SEPM machine. No need to go at every individual workstation. 

Check attached PDF for more details

About failover and load balancing

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO26809

Videos:

Failover and load balancing

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/loa...

Replication

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/rep...

AttachmentSize
SylinkReplacer.pdf 699.74 KB

Chetan Savade

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi anoopjeevan,

I would like to suggest you following plan.

1) Upgrade existing SEPM RU6 MP2 to SEPM 12.1 RU1

2) Follow disaster recovery

3) Install SEPM on new domain with new hostanme & IP

4) Restore database but clients won't communicate with SEPM because new hostanme & IP address

5) Use Sylink replacer tool to replace Sylink file on 500 clients

In this way you will get same group structure and policies because we are restoring database.By replacing Sylink file clients will start reporting to new SEPM. smiley

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

WOW you provided best info!! Thanks for that.

I understand after going through the attached pdf that sylink replacer will help clients to redirect to new server. right?

SO what should be my scenario then,

Install new sepm in new domain in new server and sylink replacer to redirect all clients from old server in old domain,is it possible??

Then would the new server would be primary and i can uninstall sepm from old server.

IF i am wrong pls suggest my road map.

Also where would i get sylink replacer, does that come with software we bought. I didn't find it in tools folder in dvd thoug!!

Best Regards,
Anoop Jeevan.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi anoopjeevan,

Question - I understand after going through the attached pdf that sylink replacer will help clients to redirect to new server. right? 

--> Yes, you are right.

Install new sepm in new domain in new server and sylink replacer to redirect all clients from old server in old domain,is it possible??

--> Yes it's possible, it's as good as fresh installatin and redirecting old clients using Sylink replacer tool.

Only one drawback, you will loose your existing Group structure and policies. But if you are fine with that you can go ahead. 

If you wish to have same group structure and policies you will have to restore previous database.

Then would the new server would be primary and i can uninstall sepm from old server --> 100% correct 

To receive Sylin replacer you will have to log a case with Support, I would suggest log a web case with support to request Sylink replacer tool. Support will proivde you credentials to download tool.

QuickStart Guide - Create and Manage Support Cases in SymWISE

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO31132

How to update a support case and upload diagnostic files with MySupport

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71023

Or even you can call 

Regional Support Telephone Numbers:

United States: 800-342-0652 (407-357-7600 from outside the United States)
Australia: 1300 365510 (+61 2 8220 7111 from outside Australia)
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 870 606 6000
Additional contact numbers: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp   India: Toll-Free 000 800 4401 456  

I hope it will help you smiley

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi,

i found one tool called SYLINK DROP which defines it as "This tool will replace the Sylink.xml file on the Symantec client to allow the client to talk to a different manager.  To use this tool simply run the
SylinkDrop executable.  Then select the new Sylink file by clicking the Browse
button.  Click the Update Sylink button to update the Sylink file with the
selected file."

Is it the same as Sylink replacer??

Thanks a lot man!

I didn't create all the groups and policies, the previous employee installed and configured it.

But i am pretty much familiar with all of them.Hope every thing runs smoothly.

From all the chat we had, i think now i can install sepm 12 version in new server and use this tool to redirect 11 version clients to 12 version sepm and remove the 11 version sepm right?

Best regards,

Anoop Jeevan K.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi anoopjeevan,

Sylink replacer & Sylink drop does the same job, I would suggest to go with Sylink replacer tool.

From all the chat we had, i think now i can install sepm 12 version in new server and use this tool to redirect 11 version clients to 12 version sepm and remove the 11 version sepm right?

--> Yes, you are correct. Only make sure from new domain you will have access/ full rights to replace Sylink file on 500 computers.

Chetan Savade

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi anoopjeevan,

Is there any update on same ?

Chetan Savade

Beppe's picture

Hi,

why don't you virtualize the current SEPM server with VMware tools and that's all?

Regards,

Giuseppe

Sonday's picture

Hi,

Better you go to first replication form old to new server.

Then go to upgrade the new version of sep 12.1 ru1 on new server, after connecting allclients from old to new server.

anoopjeevan's picture

28 Mar 2012 Chetan Savade replied:

Hi anoopjeevan,

I would like to suggest you following plan.

1) Upgrade existing SEPM RU6 MP2 to SEPM 12.1 RU1

2) Follow disaster recovery

3) Install SEPM on new domain with new hostanme & IP

4) Restore database but clients won't communicate with SEPM because new hostanme & IP address

5) Use Sylink replacer tool to replace Sylink file on 500 clients

Hi chetan,

i am planning to follow the plan suggested by you.

But my current server c driver is only 35 gb and out of it only 10 gb is present now.

but i read that version 12.1 required 3 times the present data base.

so what should i do now?

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan K.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi anoopjeevan,

What's the size of sem5.db ?

You would required 3 times space of sem5.db. 

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

sem5.db size is  6.12 Gb, i dont know what to do now.In C drive only 10 GB is left.

Regards,

AnoopJeevan K.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

You would required around 19 GB free space, can you make more 9 GB free space ?

OR

1) Follow disaster recovery with RU6 MP2

2) Install RU6 MP2 on new domain

3) Restore database using disaster recovery.

3) Upgrade to 12.1 RU1

4) Use Sylink replacer to restore client communication.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Thanks chetan,

Am afraid cant make free space out of it.

so would follow the above specified plan on monday hope it works fine.

will update you again on monday.

Thanks and Regards,

Anoop Jeevan.

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

I am following 1st step of plan(disaster recovery), in that i took back up of data base,key store password,Ip address,host name and site name.

But the guy who installed sepm in first place fogot about encryption password. am stuck here.

Could you please guide me my next step?

Can we run the process with out encryption password or is there a other way??

Thanks & Regards,
Anoop Jeevan K.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

Try to recover your database password using following article

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-find-database-password-odbc

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

In this link,

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag... in step 6

Step 6

In the Backup.txt file, type the encryption password that you used during the installation of the first site in your network.

You retype this key when you reinstall the management server. You must retype the identical key if you do not have a backed up database to restore. It is not required if you have a backed up database to restore, but it is a best practice.\

It says that encryption password is really not required if had db backup, so i already took db backup, can i skip this step?

Please check and reply on this chetan

i have to be sure on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Anoop Jeevan K.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi anoopjeevan,

I think you can skip this step.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

In process of following disaster recovey, there is a step of taking domain id but in our plan we are installing in sepm in new domain, so still follow the same step and  can i recover sepm to new domain

or

will there be any specific changes to make??

Please clarify!!

Thanks & Regards,
Anoop Jeevan K.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi anoopjeevan,

I believe you won't required it on new domain, however follow it for safer side.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

Thank You............

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan K.

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan

I got a new server after a long wait!!

Now following steps, when i install what should i give the details, can give details of the old server but my server is running currently.

Please let me know what info should i provide while installing RU6 MP2 on new domin(step 2)

I am planning to complete this whole process by monday.

So please help me quick!!!smiley

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan. K

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Let me summarise it now, you want to move SEPM to the new domain & wish to upgrade as well.

Total how many client you have in the network ?

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

Yes chetan,i want to move my SEPM to a new domain and also wish to upgrade it to v12 as well.

around 400-500 clients in network.

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan.K

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

If you have only 400-500 clients why don't you go with fresh install ?

Install SEP 12.1 RU1 as a fresh install

Restore client communication by replacing sylink.xml file.

With this method you will have to create groups and policies manually.

OR

As we had discussed earlier

Step 1

Install RU6 MP2 as a fresh install on new domain, using new hostanme & ip address.

Restore RU6 MP2 database.

Restore client connectivity using sylink replacer.

Insure all the clients now communicating with new domain.

Step 2

Upgrade SEPM from RU6 MP2 to SEP 12.1 RU1

Upgrade clients to SEP 12.1 RU1 using auto upgrade or CDW method.

let me know your thoughts.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

I would like to follow this method as our manager is not very interested to mess with the policies.

Step 1

Install RU6 MP2 as a fresh install on new domain, using new hostanme & ip address.

Step 2

Please update me.

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan.K

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

You can manually export policies from SEPM 11.x & import into the SEPM 12.1

OR

Go ahead with this plan.

Install RU6 MP2 as a fresh install on new domain, using new hostaname & ip address.

Step 2

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

Just completed fresh installation of  RU6 MP2.

could you please let me know how to restore database? and to follow next steps?

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan.K

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Go to Start --> Programs --> Symantec --> You will see option for Database backup and restore wizard 

Provide database backup location

Once database restore wizard completed, login to the SEPM console.

After that you will have to repalce Sylink.xml file on network machines.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

While performing the above specified step, do i need to stop my old machine or do any changes on it?

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan.K

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

It's not required, you can run both the SEPM parallely.

Once all the clients moved on the new SEPM decommision old SEPM.

Chetan Savade

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Is there any update on same ?

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

I was getting the attached error when i click database backup and restore option in new server.

i tried to log in to the new sepm console,it was successfull.

Any changes from symantec side or windows side??

Can we restore it from SEPM console? or any other option to do it?

Please guide me!!

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan K.

db restore error.jpg
Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

What's the operating systems where SEPM is installed ?

If server 2008, disable UAC & check.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

I didn't find any option to on or off  UCA, googled on it but in vain.Only available options are levels of settings, but could find where i should off or on it.

SEPM is installed in windows server 2008 R2 standard 64 bit.

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan K.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

Bring UAC bar to never notify & it would required reboot as well.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI,

Thanks, am laughing at this one. was only checking for the exact on or off option.

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan K.

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi ,

got some warning about sepm using the same data base, so stoppeda data base service and sepm service.

But,now got a error as attached even i stopped the services.

I even didn't give the details like: path of DB but it is showing connection can not be obtained.

Looks like lot of issue i am facing.

Regards,
ANoop  Jeevan K.

db restore.jpg
Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Could you please try to repair SEPM ? Might help.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

When i tried to repair sepm i got some issues chetan,

i didn't change any port no's,but still am getting some errors.please find the attached screen shots.

even its not taking the same password i have given during installation

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan K.

repair file1.jpg repair file.jpg
Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

You are facing lots of issues sad

Remove installed SEPM  & install again as a fresh RU6 MP2 install.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI,

Ok, workig on it then.

I dont whats wrong with my fate. Now the old server DB service is not starting.C drive is filling fast.so i deleted the files in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\content    and now tried to start the service am  getting the error attached.

This is the only sepm running now and now it is not starting. Issues and issues are raining on me 

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan K.

new.JPG
Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Reinstall will be the better option.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI,

i uninstalled the sepm in new server and again installing what should be my option here ,should i install new site? please refer screen shot.

and the db service not starting i told you about is my current sepm server wth clients connected to it :(

Thanks for you r response chetan

Anoop Jeevan k

what.jpg
Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Select first option, install my first site.

How can be it your existing SEPM ? You are installing SEPM RU6 MP2 on new domain ? correct me if i am wrong.

I am under impression you are following this path

Install RU6 MP2 as a fresh install on new domain, using new hostaname & ip address.

Step 2

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

excuse me for confusing you, both are different stories, as suggested by you we are following the same plan,

i didn't make any changes on the existing sepm.But today i noticed it was down, so i checked the sepm and found embedded db serivce and sepm services are stopped due to low space on C drive on existing sepm .

so i cleared content folder and tried to start those services, but the embedded db service wont start.

any help on how to start that service on existign sepm?

we are following the same plan, no changes made.

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan.K

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

As you are aware it's happened due to low disk space make sure you have minimum 4 GB free space.

It should start if not try to repair SEPM as a first step smiley

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

hi , i re installed RU 6 Mp2 and when i tried to restore db i got the same error message.please refer attachmnent "db restore". I dont  know what i have done wrong?

Also, i didn.t run the migratin and deployment wizard. refer attachment "18" for info.Does that have to do any thing with this?

Can i restore db from else where?

Regards,

Anoop jeevan

18.jpg db restore.jpg
anoopjeevan's picture

Any help is truly appreciated guys, am stuck here

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Also, i didn.t run the migratin and deployment wizard. refer attachment "18" for info.Does that have to do any thing with this-

-> no it's not related

Can i restore db from else where

--> No

Try this steps

Locate Server.xml, 

1. Give full access to everyone on server.xml to be able to run database backup and restore wizard.
  2. Ensure the Symantec Embedded Database service has "Started". 

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

Thanks a ton, every time it says some services are running, stopped both db and manage.But this time i stopped sepm manager and let the embedded data base service running and also gave full access to server.xml.

That made it go zoooooooom.

Thanks a lot chetan, for keeping posting every time i got a isseu.

Now the status is restoring the data base.

Will update you once it has restored!!

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan K.

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

I still couldn't start embedded data base service on current server after making 7 GB free space.

I copied the log of funning dbsrv9 file.

C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\ASA\win32\dbsrv9 file.

Could you help me on this??

Adaptive Server Anywhere Network Server Version 9.0.2.3654

Copyright © 1989-2007 Sybase, Inc.
Portions Copyright © 2002-2007, iAnywhere Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. All unpublished rights reserved.

This software contains confidential and trade secret information of
iAnywhere Solutions, Inc.
Use, duplication or disclosure of the software and documentation
by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions set forth in a license
agreement between the Government and iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. or
other written agreement specifying the Government's rights to use the
software and any applicable FAR provisions, for example, FAR 52.227-19.

iAnywhere Solutions, Inc., One Sybase Drive, Dublin, CA 94568, USA

1 physical processor(s) detected.
Per-processor licensing model. The server is limited to use 16 processor(s).
This server is licensed to:
    Symantec
    Symantec
Running on Windows 2003 Build 3790 Service Pack 2
2048K of memory used for caching
Minimum cache size: 2048K, maximum cache size: 262144K
Using a maximum page size of 8192 bytes
Starting database "sem5" (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\ASA\win32\sem5.db) at Wed Apr 25 2012 19:10
Performance warning: Database file "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\ASA\win32\sem5.db" consists of 57 disk fragments
Transaction log: sem5.log
Starting checkpoint of "sem5" (sem5.db) at Wed Apr 25 2012 19:10
Finished checkpoint of "sem5" (sem5.db) at Wed Apr 25 2012 19:10
Database "sem5" (sem5.db) started at Wed Apr 25 2012 19:10
Database server started at Wed Apr 25 2012 19:10
Trying to start SharedMemory link ...

SharedMemory link started successfully

Trying to start NamedPipes link ...

NamedPipes link started successfully

Trying to start TCPIP link ...

Starting on port 2638
    TCPIP link started successfully

Trying to start SPX link ...

SPX communication link not started

Now accepting requests

It was stuck there, could you guide me on this please?

Now i dont have SEPM running to do any thing.

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan K.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Try following steps

1. Go to "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db\"and rename sem5.log to sem5.log.old
  2. Click Start, click on Run and Type “CMD” then click OK
  3. In the Command Prompt type: "CD C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\ASA\win32\" and press Enter this will change directories to the folder containing dbsrv9.exe.
  4. Force the recreation of sem5.log. Type: "dbsrv9 -f "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db\sem5.db" and press Enter
  5. Click Start, click on Run and Type “services.msc” then click OK and start the Symantec Embedded Database Service
  6. Start the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service.
  7. If it stays started then go ahead and log into the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and everything should now be working properly
  8. If the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service fails to start then run Management Server Configuration Wizard in order to log in to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

I have attached doc showing all available folders, but couldn't find sem5.log

could you point me in correct way?

Thanks,
ANoop jeevan

hai.JPG
anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

With little research, i found out log files and followed the steps specified by you, existing sepm is working now.Thanks man!!

As of the new sepm, it is still showing "Restoring The DataBase"

Will update you tommorrow!!!

Thanks chetan,

Anoop Jeevan K.

status.jpg
Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Any update for me ?

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI Chetan,

Still it is "Restoring The DataBase".

Will surely update you once it is done, i called symantec support and even  got the "Sylink replacer" from SYMANTEC.

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Does it take such a long time? I think it's been running from last 24 hours.

What's the size of  Sem5.db?

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

Sem5.db space is 13.3Gb, yeah i dont know why its taking this much time. By today evening it will be 2 whole days since it started. Any thing wrong?How much time it is supposed to take for 13.3 GB file??

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan.K

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

It's quite difficult to tell exact time frame but definitely should not take such a long time.

I would suggest cancel it & re-initiate.

On new server you have disabled UAC? If UAC is on may face this kind of problem.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

Checked UAC its in never notify state only, will cancel & will start again then.

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan K.

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

Please correct me if am wrong, why folder should i browse the restor option to??

To the zip folder which i have taken backup or to the sem5.db file which i copied from C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db

Previously i browsed it to zip folder, is it correct??

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

You are correct.

It's a .zip folder. When you do take a backup it creates .zip folder only.

I hope you have kept .zip folder on local machine instead of remote location.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

The zip file is local D drive , will try again  and update you.

Hope nothing goes wrong!!

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan K.

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

Earlier i tried with old bakcup, so took backup on friday and tried to restore it on saturday.But i got the attached error.

What do you suggest?

Do backup again and try to restore it or you got any thing for me??

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan K.

error.jpg
Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Thanks for an update.

I would suggest to run dbvalidator first, share dbvalidator logs.

You will find dbvalidator.bat file under Tools folder.

Click on dbavlidator batch file & logs will be generated at tomcat\logs\dbvalidator.log

Also run backup again and try to restore it.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

Run db validator on current sepm or new sepm

Current one right?

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan K.

Chetan Savade's picture

Yes, Current one.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

Hi chetan,

I ran dbvalidator.bat and got the message "Database validatin passed". I attached the log.

I ran a fresh backup and currently restoring it. will update you once it is restored.

2012-05-01 11:03:22.202 INFO: logger initialized ...
2012-05-01 11:03:22.202 INFO: SEPM Server Home:[C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Tools\..\tomcat]
2012-05-01 11:04:09.571 INFO: Initialized the database.
2012-05-01 11:04:14.103 INFO: Starting to travel the schema ...
2012-05-01 11:04:53.298 INFO: ... finished travelling schema.
2012-05-01 11:04:53.298 INFO: Total ids found >> TargetIds [287] PhysicalFileIds :[43]
2012-05-01 11:04:53.298 INFO: SELECT ID FROM BASIC_METADATA WHERE ID IN ('14F8A060C0A8061E010B53E63DC393A1','C1BD5681C0A8061C01BA1C47E8D07AED','328069D3C0A8061C01F5DC11606BE03C','E3B28A5EC0A8061E018F07F1A3E70D01','662D4CE5C0A8061E01A83D23B8A70B1D','C640C458C0A8061E014094D045DD46FE','ACA471FCC0A8061E004DECAD5711AF46','326A65A5C0A8061E01129634DA697834','26A175C5C0A8061C01293C5E1B0884AE','B882AB15C0A8061E01BD3F6F0B9D3E1F','D43D6D97C0A8061E00851DDBF06A2F88','85CF808AC0A8061E014C991ADD91AE49','5F9E7548C0A8061E01F52D1DDCC2BB0E','B76BF1BBC0A8061E01E0095C533DFD1D','7570907CC0A8061E00E215BF0D5F818C','A91BBBC4C0A8061E01DFF935F18AF047','E4EF36ACC0A8061C00569D89F12B2FCC','2D383EE7C0A8061C01665D1EBC5A6E78','B0C5D67EC0A8061E01939FD3402DDD7D','FED4E900C0A8061E00DE15A09CAAEE39','FF1A1B00C0A8061C018D1538669CEBE4','EC5F7C00C0A8061E0106419CB0FFFB01','ED1E3BE8C0A8061E01A2EDDAEE9CB404','0C194A69C0A8061C00B512E7EAFACACB','8672B62DAD78BABB161FBC0949FCA3D6','9894A669C0A8061E01E4CCAD733631DE','3E294F01CF81584A389E32938CFEC195','A7333A79C0A8061E01A355B70B0D8A75','D3A09BEDC0A8061C00D2C8C03CC65C1E','60875668C0A8061E01C190A2010A6944','3AB4A153ABCED47B0C0EFAEC471924F1','D8489EE31FDDEC5C16275B9C4C974A6E','387688E7C0A8061E01155948D8BD3CFD','27D162B7C0A8061E00BDBE4F11236BDB','75AB601AC0A8061E01B933A5787E57EA','087EA898C0A8061E01BF09ED203CEE2D','F11AF9A2C0A8061E00586C967E309214','FC9577D1C0A8061E00AF3556CEFEC156','BED6B81CC0A8061C006BC2B8E42DECB9','8AD6F4A95BA222345D8ABF4D76AC797C','5B44D432C0A8061E00ACA68A1728E93F','F64AF2D2FB5430DF364508D201163593','341D0FC5C0A8061E009CAEB2C45C594A','AE7DDDB476F36B805F3D00694B411873','07C18E33C0A8061E008EC0D7AEAEC2F8','F976EFE8C0A8061E01897D5354428F90','F72600BAC0A8061E0064AAFA65204F87','25DA6FCEC0A8061E0027F65629BC6B86','351FBBFCC0A8061E01D5B1443F999272','817A6B78C0A8061E014709C65E256C62','F6807CE3F50EC59B2EA38A4BE7145079','8AEE818BF4AE2A0FD0124A0C22DC154C','48DF5BB5C0A8061E001BC43258ABE29F','0EDBDA50C0A8061E01DD24DE9A9AC1A8','7DC516D1C0A8061E001B001949E731FE','F0BCC125C0A8061C00DD36CCDE5C4C2D','7E22730BC0A8061E01ABB0CAC8F68AF0','6F26B340C0A8061E000EB6914947F957','609D6B082D0AD1F060CD933BF2F6B77F','4FA509F9B4A5A3929A34FF534B2DA841','2D235FB2C0A8061E014D545CB0A2B77F','44243C5044F197E5B7ECD2231758BB36','28CDCE6AC0A8061E012E9927AF07E9FE','FC6FB1C6C0A8061E01CCB1DD1313561E','DB6F6FB4C0A8061C00057CC69B7A21EF','E469FE67C0A8061E008526FA6E0E11EE','C587EDFFC0A8061E01438980CEE7B727','B92EC234C0A8061C00285AE4F2FB38B4','CA024051C0A8061E0031B95F89CA7C5A','2EF51681C0A8061E000FADFA5C68E4F0','F94B0E2AC3B299FC281DB020B405D50E','CAF01B12C0A8061E003C0649B2E87F97','D56F2E32C0A8061C0084AC016D99A120','1095AAB4C0A8061E00157D7FB39AC203','0087410EC0A8061E0063D8AEB56DB730','A173F350C0A8061E00EBBF5FB5B5B9F6','C54BC5064950603E696DA2E535B11ACB','9C3715C6CDFDD0BC716DF5ED56974CD4','5CF60F83C0A8061E0167C7D9D080E7E6','910A7AF0C0A8061C01CA402ACC0BA190','B5E6ACB8C0A8061E002FA5A4E5CE9296','F8D6EBA2C0A8061E01513B99D0C34107','9143A9B5C0A8061E01AF0A453342957F','958385CBC0A8061E016B78270B84876B','39CABE57C0A8061E007F2A198A24A0B8','2329D0B142EF2E06665CB3DDF7BCBCC7','E1710458C0A8061E0199BCA3D2C1C505','B325AD2E262E7434EDED4A57D23F9CCF','300A3CE0C0A8061C00D1AE41CEACC804','6B1942AFC0A8061E01CBA2F7C06FDC52','A276AAE1C0A8061E003593AB35E5DC25','BF6051B3C0A8061E008F11DCD14BF56C','71F55C1FC0A8061E0138B9CAEF7A6EFE','5284DC96C0A8061E01855A27DA09D5D9','8BB5F094C0A8061E00E574EC652ED2C6','BE637CF16D5CB7E68713F744C5844704','02285A02C0A8061E00BB23DE34A40800','B9BD7697C0A8061E00322A6DBD8839EA','8D0C88F7C0A8061C01C116D59BABB8A9','D3AC52B109F6C5BA711F6C4B483FD7C6','BB68A58F248D6031C6EA6AE7381FD0EF','040B118CC0A8061C00AD1E3492DECF27','5F7B5772C0A8061E00B75130734D2059','5FC4FB8BC0A8061C01ECBAFAD4966047','6019030BC0A8061E01AFC0DAA8FAD8B3','7B279A80274DB217BD9289197838D98E','309C5EDBC0A8061C0199C2256C26467A','C7AE0E18C0A8061E00BF1F08F8CAF327','6C0AC396C0A8061E01FB9663223F57C2','80E9B82A9111E222C6231C78EC944852','D072958597B7C1D5537D440DCE24CCEE','0AE03044C0A8061E0138D474449605B6','E8D68789C0A8061E000D7E4A773B6F16','3E125C5EC0A8061E01A3E9A4164B43CE','1691CACDC0A8061E002EA8713942C360','10DA470E1403BC65E1E2D21123CCE012','2A6A7E6DC0A8061E010FBA269857E0AB','AA379256C0A8061E000B7036C31D6CA0','E6EE3A3FCD95D84401BD76213050B574','0B9C7FDAC0A8061E00D98863C4FC250C','F0A6557AC0A8061E019270257F9A8D9C','864514EE47345C25CE4CD6A05A42B500','F8797FC5C0A8061E00C124208081C04F','A361847CC0A8061E00BCE7C9B928C9C1','E879C98CC0A8061E00F2E048AB2F55F2','3F30AE5C5A64256058BFFC2395867486','7ECD34C1C0A8061E01B18EB3901078B1','5E2BE6561FE5B9BE00447BF770A49330','85C22419C0A8061E01EAC903F63E5175','E61CFB20C0A8061E0048CBD6FFCBC2D1','C082B60BC0A8061C01361A64EE8B9E4F','DF6B34A3F84A71EA4F91C3DFC9B37A9F','B44AEC03C0A8061E006907076DE663B4','BD3DA1FBC44BB58C7C7491FABE39E594','25EC2E72C0A8061E007FA4E0964D7999','5A829FA1C0A8061E0123946912692C43','001CAAE6C0A8061E00BD9A26211DC2FE','FFCC09AEC0A8061E00291BEAC89959B4','33CAE609AC93289D26D821CF3E7F6A1E','432FD36EC0A8061E00DD536873AD0751','B7BB1256C0A8061E01BB2D63C6D07843','32B95BD3EADD291F38FEC47612B1F268','F4752D04C0A8061E00E7A315F582998D','D38D1672C0A8061C0137D68A0C713E96','6C9F8F6FC0A8061E000FE975786BEB5F','0D1AF21DC0A8061C01866BD341377F64','33C7EFA2C0A8061E0132D7BD6026DF57','1619B960C0A8061E01F1A9A3554C3F9C','A2C009F4C0A8061E008ACA5E2550A54F','7296D20CC0A8061E00FEAAD15E0B27EB','C5CC1C80C0A8061E01E11FBFBA2CDB21','A85A7B25C0A8061C0098D70D03F19829','03ED8992C0A8061E01AA3E563FDC4541','EF804CECC0A8061C005FA3E0B4CE7466','54EA34C6C0A8061E0140A3F5A1163313','2FE2A516C0A8061E019A3682C35F3521','CBE7121CC0A8061C01A208881C28FEA6','66E85E04C0A8061E01A61BB72EEDD42B','BEA60C1419CB85106D937D715D8326D9','91521C53C0A8061C01E351A2B5D4E27B','6A503DFDC0A8061E0182DCCF5B53367E','5EF5383EC0A8061C01F6DDDE98AFD545','6028C6E625754ECE4312D41CB963A039','9EB50BE6C0A8061E0044A70E7FC74EE0','AA53DC48C0A8061E00EA348E971DF88E','BFA0C07AC0A8061E00EF77E9AD30E900','8548C703048A939CAECFDB9C4C030E85','DA885D78C0A8061E00175E41E2B1198C','FC5AD3B7C0A8061C018088DA19C1E571','26F50F66C0A8061E0129A6353F5FEEDD','F29579A1C0A8061E01646CC0257F9B2E','539CB06EC0A8061C0096CF2FAC8548A5','4CDEB9AABCC38FEFB3AF1C594CACF406','7DE3F4AFC0A8061E01AE37B5782EC902','4C28561CC0A8061E0066E47DF490F899','E5AC1C06C0A8061E0122E75ACEA4658A','57347C0EC0A8061E00978D360E8EBE8E','43AD2C55C0A8061C002CB125E704C372','13E42A59C0A8061C01597CAC3E580DC6','6A0604FCC0A8061E000222ED23D39EA9','5CA2036063027045C99097FF24CDB24F','1669ED555D1F9CBC8507D453CDD42E9D','5E214611C0A8061C00DFAFA2366A61ED','B48E4C81C0A8061C013EE8B5B72623B0','3B2B12D0C0A8061E007770E7FBD31723','CA94C6D35434FC8627D6DD0D55240584','5D509941C0A8061E00F04D6B9A89D863','45CC9F227795F497890DDB9518A44D7E','2F6F552D0C6077626A3387A688FCE442','A68F8C6015D41E62CE99F7AA63CA6C09','D6DA57E2E4ACF04973A289B02238105A','7F64CF89C0A8061E0133BF6D2ED39E39','BA8C1231E2CD7A6482AA6CAAA9299743','CB48FA5D4642BBF653224D3275770B86','838DE9AAC0A8061E00D3C86AC854A077','0AF390CAC0A8061E0160C0BDC96BBB7F','7516E9F5C0A8061E00EACB4A28054393','45CA2390C0A8061E0137C18BE30D8D1E','75E82B58C0A8061E0135FE4756C413DC','741C1859C0A8061E009613DAD2A83514','52AC4785C0A8061E00664D6A3085FF1E','837F7FB6C0A8061E00D2C4BC72ECD916','E25C8164C0A8061E0141E0728BD5E197','410307F75CCEDCEDBB0C0BB5E77F3EEC','9895D190C0A8061E00986D3C67FE37ED','B42B862849ABB32C512860189DE848DC','C63031D9C0A8061E01B646F4347B1E6B','72E71A5DC0A8061E005D795D26EBC0BC','82E7C19FC0A8061E01FA129B6DEFE8DD','1B9FD17BD825F41E37FAD21A31B1ED2A','EECDC8BBC0A8061E00AAE61B0712ED30','999949D0C0A8061E0113FC378B924A2A','96F78E96C0A8061C000EA16EAC98BCD9','B655E64D0A320801000000E164041B79','B3500B77C0A8061E0112F78C247D8F8C','3E7C6BA4C0A8061C011689387241DB6A','EE5C070DC0A8061E010A15434CFA4F29','2826AE1EC0A8061E01FC0A04E190D552','6036DB4CC0A8061E00CEE11E34C14436','880FB1F2C0A8061E01D0F59A9F782E4F','3B33895EC0A8061E0195951811CCF8D1','105C72B7C0A8061E01082E1A72BEAB16','00BC90093F455924A1FB2CBEFD20EFF9','D429FD7EC0A8061E0076FD2E5F72FC02','D6B8B54D4939AF22AE8AEEFB03971389','B20B6E870A980D7A00AF2A50862A396D','C485C935C0A8061E01A5E91B7B5424BF','04E1A855C0A8061E01B22F38DFF7903D','0197061EC0A8061E00B4855E511CEC25','FDB40EB7C0A8061E01D0B050D049BCAC','98D36735C0A8061E01A3DA81B695A4F2','B812776F5B8084AF3AF4A674DA98CD10','DE8B9943E7EFE151220BD6C653FC4DF8','FE813E86C0A8061E01E12731342861BE','4E353153C0A8061E0048C90E370A1413','B90D6630C0A8061E01E431C2531F76CB','8C30C93EC0A8061E006C7EA02B99FBF7','70311971C0A8061E00C32A5D177F47F9','13DCAB5F5FD2432A5AF964AA65B3713F','B2BF1B6FC0A8061E0141A799E1D11D92','7A80D187F6EBF3B41E38D479BCBCC54A','37165B81C0A8061E006F73518F8A748D','2E77862AC0A8061E00DBF4B531A52EAE','EAA7AAAAC0A8061E00B0865802809AC3','43624F88C0A8061E016206B5B7446D57','9DF174BBE012F6F99EA7B5DFC7AC3334','5343B681C0A8061E01E96E24AA0FD7B1','EF4D3D33C0A8061E01D05ADBD93BB58D','CA524E99C0A8061E01F361E5A72A210F','5CD60BC9C0A8061E01EF44538D6ED96D','1D56B4B8C0A8061C00F2794A8A4D6FCD','EB0E2262C0A8061E00BAC287191AA94E','8CE9D6D85FD31D5E84961070832EB459','C3958F284BE19432FDAC0142FE31C808','1ADF2C78C0A8061E00D6D81D4D38EBDA','AF648B59C0A8061E007FAD42DF6A315E','0C54889FC0A8061C01F1CA93253D6658','9FAC70FA7640894FFFB9E863C49C760C','30A273A7C0A8061E0090CA10EDEC2C93','5043679CC0A8061E019EDB19084FF3CF','40697C8EC0A8061E00B201FDFAED61E8','E5FC720CC0A8061E00E376E13F2FA7F6','21922278FD49D228D6F4A7A48E461AF6','E21A083FC0A8061C0098CC00865D9D8F','B384ECDAC0A8061C0194185632D2FC15','A2DE9B77C0A8061E011EE7705D08F82D','1CD23E65C0A8061E00A1BD87EFDE7CED','944C7D65C0A8061E0034317DA07C28DE','5CBF34EBC0A8061E002096D77FA725DD','F2A8902EC0A8061E00AD33F606A271A1','E99EBEF4C0A8061E015E799550F15AB0','10B31FF6C0A8061E01FBCB181AAFF75D','7CC7251AC0A8061E00C21E52203FA36D','6C40A0CCC0A8061E001913161DEE6D9E','739B0D31C0A8061C001F59F10876D452','BB07E8CEDB17E20077CB77B1A10995F6','8C4010BAC0A8061E0005FFFE95221F22','6C80DED6C0A8061C00839AD7DCE5DFDC','8D5F1CA44E2184F8698AF5442E6D06B1','E42BC802C0A8061E010F9644047BAC9E','A9304662C0A8061E00DFDF92FEE08074','0E03505BC0A8061E018C06C2CE1E75D8','18DE0753C0A8061E004BE9A80670D777','DEF26E2EC0A8061C0123034BB477E475','FD1EDB636028BA9334986A3932FC800B','4DC1357DC0A8061E0139132FFA4ACB05','5613434CC0A8061E01C7FF9340294F47') AND DELETED=1
2012-05-01 11:04:53.360 INFO: SELECT ID FROM BINARY_FILE WHERE ID IN ('598E37F2CF397E88CBEC99458213B30C','11C17C99DC14738F9A50E96A64F8EF04','0DF5109DF0746AB29C930587ACC3B13E','31FDE10F1520925A32CE87D02E7E0B55','4D839EC76C6892020676E6E248C46769','6A3E6F40BF637C30EF55A126FB9F16CE','B3F03868AB0A7C766B043864B7683819','54437F0AED4BE211B3862A6DE01DF8D2','D6F5F2136E36932F09D53D07B6ED7FE2','E0B8633D0607947FF8EF6F9053CC840A','6C1F7D4264168677EB8063AF1FFAAE55','A5528D2764ACEF1231458169D21F9441','FE0671B6F7A8416624B79A1977950DAD','05C192066562EA9EA00784BCD4E261D9','B4368D5C89F92DF9A0CF2CB222C2F038','F81EE0DB6C7A7A598E9145FD28F1652E','0586398F6C2FB3D1B278A8BA042A7547','9EDE59A0A58554B7F0300804BD65E468','370BA18ACB158E0E6FC40BA25220D0EA','14F15582AB4AE8825535296245AEA5AA','1D373573408E526A58325831D6A76758','5F072B54E9E31C0965353E34764CCC4D','DCDFB828EDE1A9DA5DB4FD930B29FEF6','B88E98040283AE232EDBC6452393B0DF','44A9CC9FFFA07ADDEC1ACB17B25AF7DB','C6436FB0E3029A2FDA9C4E33595C05D1','84F3B3F71876D9C3B39C8550640EF078','EFAC15142208FBF3155DECB9D2426ECB','E6ADC221AD80F81794CFEFAE35A9C132','D2E454C1CF659F94ED90B19A16338A5D','0E366C95E761611A1C3974714CFA67FD','05084C193EFBBD67FF98E7603D4BCD5A','0E5A6C2E65146E26554F753EA8FF4724','8D5396767951D97AF5FD1CD257B6ACA6','6F46C7763A92ADA01DA0D589B449B2D1','8C46201823F7FE713B3981E8C8596A2E','C85ADF024610D6BF9FC342CD3706A5EA','486A0B6AEA3AE1DAC4EDD0364BA6A1B4','8AC58AD3A8D8DACCE8E3F5E15E4EF471','4E1BB75A7EB5D6AD6891C8A21E19B4D2','749FE0B5FF14247E2D0B95A91EEC327E','21660A1237C1E3C30B75C6F4B6364CDA','5E60FABEACC104FB247028618F913415') AND DELETED=0
2012-05-01 11:04:54.407 INFO: *********************************************
2012-05-01 11:04:54.407 INFO: Following ids are not present in the database.
2012-05-01 11:04:54.407 INFO: Link is broken for [0] target ids :
2012-05-01 11:04:54.407 INFO: Link is broken for [0] physical file ids :
2012-05-01 11:04:54.407 INFO: Database validation passed.
2012-05-01 11:04:54.423 INFO: Finished.

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan K.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Any update for me.

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

I started db backup on 30 apri, still it is "Restoring the Database". It has been 10 days. DB size is 3.07 GB.

database validation is passed as alredy informed you.

Any suggestions please??

Regards,

Anoop Jeevan.K

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi Anoop,

Now I would like to suggest you to call support.

Support engineer can check step by step details & can help to resolve the issue.

I have tried best to sort it out however it's now needed to take control of system and verify.

Please contact Symantec Technical Support via the support phone numbers listed below

Regional Support Telephone Numbers:
United States: 800-342-0652 (407-357-7600 from outside the United States)
Australia: 1300 365510 (+61 2 8220 7111 from outside Australia)
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 870 606 6000
Additional contact numbers: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp   India: Toll-Free 000 800 4401 456 

OR can create web case as well & by doing this you will receive call back from support engineer.

QuickStart Guide - Create and Manage Support Cases in SymWISE

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

It is asking for technical case id, support no or technical case id.

I have tried with our organisation support no but its not working.

Please let me know where would i find them.

Do they come with the symantec product we purchased or that relate to  my symantec account(SymAccount) i created?

Regards,
Anoop Jeevan.

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

I hope following articles will help you.

How to create a new case in MySupport

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58873

How to Create and Validate a SymAccount for using Symantec's MySupport

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO31127

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71023

Chetan Savade

anoopjeevan's picture

HI chetan,

Didnt log case with symantec.

Thought of doing it today.

Today checked and it seems the restore is completed.But i couldn't start SEPM service, it is stopping automatically.

checked IIS service and workstation service, both are started.Should i do any thing else to start SEPM service?