Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Help w/upgrade from SEP 4000 to 4014 - Database isn't synchronized, can't logon.

Posted Mar 09, 2009 03:26 PM

I'm running the embedded database, I have only one management server.

I installed 4014 (MR4 MP1) over my .4000 install, as directed.  At the end, it wanted to run a wizard to migrate the database, something to that effect, and I accidentally said No instead of Yes.

Now when I try to logon to SEPM using the console on the SEPM server, it says:

"You cannot logon to the console because the server is not synchronized with the database.

Upgrade the server, and then logon to the console."

I can't figure out how to get it in sync.  I know I missed a step which is why I can't connect.  I ran the Management Server Config Wizard, it did it's thing but I still can't logon.

• 2.  RE: Help w/upgrade from SEP 4000 to 4014 - Database isn't synchronized, can't logon.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2009 05:26 PM

You might be able to get around this by launching a Repair Install of the SEPM. Go to Add or Remove programs, select Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager from the list and choose Change. In one of the next windows select the Repair option and choose to install. Once the repair install completes you should be presented with the "Upgrade Wizard" panel once again. Go ahead and follow through the steps there and see if that gets you up and running again.

Hope that helps!

• 3.  RE: Help w/upgrade from SEP 4000 to 4014 - Database isn't synchronized, can't logon.

Posted Mar 09, 2009 06:05 PM

David, you are a life saver.  I followed your advice and BINGO - after the repair, it kicked of the Mgmt Server Upgrade Wizard.  Not sure why I couldn't find that somewhere on it's own.  Anyway, it did it, succeeded, and I'm able to connect.  YEAH!

Virtual beer to you my friend.

• 4.  RE: Help w/upgrade from SEP 4000 to 4014 - Database isn't synchronized, can't logon.
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 09, 2009 10:05 PM

You can also simply run "upgrade.bat" on the server.. its located in one of the SEPM folders... can't remember which off the top of my head... glad you have it working though. 

• 5.  RE: Help w/upgrade from SEP 4000 to 4014 - Database isn't synchronized, can't logon.

Posted Mar 11, 2009 10:39 PM

We have 2 servers one of the sites is replicating. i cannot log in to the managment console. i get an error that cannot log in to managment console server cannot sync with the database. upgrade server and log in again. After we installed MR4 MP1. only one managment console has worked at a time. one of the servers was working then it stopped working. now the other server wasnt working now it is working. I tried the fix and this solved the error the first time. now on one of the servers i cant log in to the managment console i get that error. i have tried reinstalling and about a million other things. any suggestions??? using embedded database.

• 6.  RE: Help w/upgrade from SEP 4000 to 4014 - Database isn't synchronized, can't logon.

Posted Mar 12, 2009 12:23 AM

What version did you upgrade from?

• 7.  RE: Help w/upgrade from SEP 4000 to 4014 - Database isn't synchronized, can't logon.

Posted Mar 12, 2009 10:20 AM

We upgraded from MR4

• 8.  RE: Help w/upgrade from SEP 4000 to 4014 - Database isn't synchronized, can't logon.

Posted Mar 12, 2009 10:26 AM

Did you break the replication partners before upgrading ?

• 9.  RE: Help w/upgrade from SEP 4000 to 4014 - Database isn't synchronized, can't logon.

Posted Mar 12, 2009 10:36 AM

no

• 10.  RE: Help w/upgrade from SEP 4000 to 4014 - Database isn't synchronized, can't logon.

Posted Nov 13, 2009 04:30 PM
    Paul Murgatroyd is correct about simplying running upgrade.bat, as I just tried this myself when my upgrade of SEPM didn't automatically upgrade my database.  This file can be found inside your SEPM Program Files folder, in the BIN subfolder.  The default location is "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin\upgrade.bat"

• 11.  RE: Help w/upgrade from SEP 4000 to 4014 - Database isn't synchronized, can't logon.

Posted Nov 18, 2009 04:27 AM
    Thank you so much~!~ Paul Murgatroyd, I got the same error page as David Fosbenner.

And I just ran the "upgrade.bat", after the upgrade completed, it worked~!~

Thank you guys~!~