Helpdesk "Server Application Unavailable" daily errors
OK folks. I need help. I have tried everyone except the Connect Community; Microsoft for IIS, Symantec for NS/Helpdesk. I am hoping someone else has seen this error and has a fix or suggestion.
We had a Helpdesk physical server that we rebuilt a similarly fresh install on a VM server. We installed the same solutions and then repointed the front end to the old database.
We currently get daily (or twice daily) "Server Application Unavailable" errors. Memory runs up the 2 GB line and then we get the error. Sometimes the AppPool recycles on its own and sometimes I have to do an IISRESET. The time that the error occurs is not consistent.
I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING and am at the end of my line. We are moving to ServiceDesk this year but need to get this annoying error resolved.
Here is my production server:
* Windows 2003 R2, Standard Edition, Service Pack 2
* VMware server, two dual cores, 4 GB memory
* SQL off-box. SQL 2005 SP2 (SQL server hasn't changed - same Dell server when we had the physical front end)
* NS version 6.0.6074 (SP 3 + R13), Helpdesk version 6.0.308
* 75 Helpdesk Solution licenses
* IIS boot.ini change (http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO4400)
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard" /noexecute=optout /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=3008
* IIS AeXHD AppPool setting - "recycle worker process at the following times" specifically set at 04:55 and 23:59
* IIS AeXHD AppPool setting - *unchecked* "Recycle worker process"
* Recently uninstall 49 solutions to reduce footprint but did not have a positive memory impact to resolve the "Server Application Unavailable" errors.
* Our Helpdesk does use a custom.config and have some customizations in the code. Most were in place when we had the physical hardware Helpdesk install.