Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

Hi all i want to know that is there any facility in Symantec Vontu 11.2 that i can purge data without running script on my database ,basically from Vontu console.

Created: 12 Feb 2013 | 2 comments

Hi all i want to know that is there any facility in  Vontu Enforce  11.2 that i can purge data without running script on my database ,basically from Vontu Enforce console . I don't want to purge data from oracle database by running scripts as there will be no audit trail of purging activity in database.

Please help.

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

DLP Solutions's picture

Blackjet..

Can you clarify "purge"

What are you trying to purge?

There is no way to, on a scheduled basis, to purge incidnets "older than" a specified date.

There are only 2 options that can possibly be done..

1. Manually, select or Multi-Select incidents to be deleted and delete them.

• These incidents will then be 'marked' for deletion and will be deleted when the next scheduled deletion process runs at midnight.
  • If you DO NOT want to wait till midnight for the purge process and want it done right away, then use the following link:
  • https://<enforce-host>/ProtectManager/InvokeIncidentDeletion.do

2. Manually, select or Multi-Select incidents and mark them for "archive"

• This will then "tag' them as archived and will not show up in ANY reports unless you explicitly include them in reports.
  • This will speed up your reporting for those incidents will not be queried during a normal report.

Please call this solved if possible!!

Ronak

Please make sure to mark this as a solution

to your problem, when possible.