Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Hi all i want to know that is there any facility in Symantec Vontu 11.2 that i can purge data without running script on my database ,basically from Vontu console.

Created: 12 Feb 2013 | 2 comments

Hi all i want to know that is there any facility in  Vontu Enforce  11.2 that i can purge data without running script on my database ,basically from Vontu Enforce console . I don't want to purge data from oracle database by running scripts as there will be no audit trail of purging activity in database.

Please help.

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

DLP Solutions2's picture

Blackjet..

Can you clarify "purge"

What are you trying to purge?

There is no way to, on a scheduled basis, to purge incidnets "older than" a specified date.

There are only 2 options that can possibly be done..

1. Manually, select or Multi-Select incidents to be deleted and delete them.

• These incidents will then be 'marked' for deletion and will be deleted when the next scheduled deletion process runs at midnight.
  • If you DO NOT want to wait till midnight for the purge process and want it done right away, then use the following link:
  • https://<enforce-host>/ProtectManager/InvokeIncidentDeletion.do

2. Manually, select or Multi-Select incidents and mark them for "archive"

• This will then "tag' them as archived and will not show up in ANY reports unless you explicitly include them in reports.
  • This will speed up your reporting for those incidents will not be queried during a normal report.

Please call this solved if possible!!

Ronak

Please make sure to mark this as a solution

to your problem, when possible.