High Availability and Disaster Recovery for EV implementation
We are in the process of planning for EV 9 implementation and looking for an HA solution as well as a DR solution.
Our ‘”production” EV infrastructure is as follows:
• Single Site Configuration, with three physical EV servers configured to archive mail from Exchange 2010.
• Clustered SQL 2008 Server which will be geo-clustered to replicate to DR site
• Vault Store Data on NAS (CIFS Share), Indexes and SQL DB’s on SAN
Our typical clustering technology is MSCS. I was thinking of clustering the three EV servers using MSCS for high availability for production.
For our DR, we want manual intervention. I had these options in mind:
· Creating three servers at the DR site and using Update Service Locations/Building blocks to move services and tasks
· Add 3 additional passive nodes to the cluster or geo-cluster using w2k8
Is USL/ building blocks + cluster even supported? I heard that with w2k8 clustering, all nodes are no longer required to be on the same LAN segment…? Any ideas on the best HA and DR for this?