Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  HII TOOL 3.2.1 with DS6.9 SP1

Posted Feb 12, 2009 03:26 AM
    Hi,

I have install ALTIRIS DS 6.9 SP1 and I try install HII Tools 3.2.1
    I have lot message error when i install HII :
    - the ds6.8 is not found i am on DS6.9
    - i give the file install windows 2003 SP1 but it not found this files.
    - trouble to connect SQL Database

I look after the a document to install and used HII tool for DS 6.9 SP1 or an other version HII Tool which is supported by DS 6.9 SP1

Thank for you help.

• 2.  RE: HII TOOL 3.2.1 with DS6.9 SP1

Posted Feb 12, 2009 04:01 AM
    Altiris/Symantec does not support HII Tools, as they are part of the Juice community. Contacting the person who created the tools would be your best bet in trying to resolve any issues or posting on the Juice Community forums.

I have DS 6.9 SP1 running and I also have HII Tools installed so I might be able to help you.

- You can ignore the warning about DS 6.8 not being found and continue with the installation.

- Make sure that you are specifying a directory which contains all of the source files for Windows Server 2003 SP1. I believe the I386 folder is the most important part but may be mistaken. I believe this step extracts the HAL for the specified OS, which in your case is W2K3 SP1

- As for the SQL issue, have you run the specified query against your "eXpress" database as specified by the author of the Tools? Here's the link to the article, read the third post down and you will see the SQL query that needs to be run.

Also, I can give you one other piece of advice. You will need to find the most updated copy of WinXP embedded to extract TA.exe and TAP.exe from. This took me quite awhile to figure out. If you don't find the most current version of those files, when you deploy an image you will notice that none of your drivers were copied down to the machine being imaged.

Hope this helps and good luck!

• 3.  RE: HII TOOL 3.2.1 with DS6.9 SP1

Posted Feb 12, 2009 04:02 AM
    Sorry, my mistake. Forgot to include the link. Here it is: https://www-secure.symantec.co...r-68-68-sp1-and-68-sp2

• 4.  RE: HII TOOL 3.2.1 with DS6.9 SP1

Posted Feb 12, 2009 05:26 AM
    thank's for your help,

I hope this application can work on french operating system.