Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

how to achieve this in 2012

Created: 30 Sep 2012 • Updated: 03 Oct 2012 | 3 comments
roh234's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

i want to achive these  with backup exec 2012 till now i am using 2010 and there i am getting the option to have policy but in 2012 policy are not there so how could i achive this 

1 i want to take the differential backup from monday to friday in my NAS storage,

2 on saturady i will create  weekly full backup ,

now how to achive this is is need to create 5 jobs for differential and 1 job for fullbackup and 2nd thing is it possible to create full weekly backup from the exixting B2D data which is created from monday to friday,

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

SuperBrain's picture

You can create and configure your job similar to the following example:

In Backup Exec 2012, every job is a policy based job by default. When you create a backup job you can add more jobs for the same server (like you used to add templets for policies).

1. Go to Backup and Restore tab.

2. Right-click on the backup job and select "Edit Backup"

3. This will take you to a screen similar to the above.

Note: By default, you will see two jobs Full and Incremental.

4. Click on Edit on the right hand-side (under Backup)

5. Delete the Incremental job using the 'x' on the top right of that template box.

6. Select "Add backup job by method" - Select Differential.

7. Configure the schedule, storage, etc and save.

SOLUTION
roh234's picture

ohk thanks i will try and let you know,

i am going to  use RDX to take the backup and i have to take the back up of my sql and file server i am worried will it work or i need to purchase NAS device 

1 Sql server 

2 file server in which some shared folder are there 

3 backup exec media server  i will connect my rdx to this server 

now what is the best way to take the backup of sql and file server any suggestion 

pkh's picture

As long as the model of the RDX is in the HCL of  BE 2012, it shuold work.

To backup SQL databases, you would need to purchase and install an agent for applications and databases licence.  For file backups, you would need 1 RAWS licence for each remote server/device.

Have at least 2 jobs.  One to backup SQL databases should have AOF off and the other one to backup files should have AOF on.