Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  How to allow user to disable SEP on a client, SEPM 11.0.5002.333

Posted Apr 15, 2013 02:51 PM

SEPM 11.0.5002.333

I have a Windows Server 2003 that I want to disable SEP client temporarily. I can log in as administrator on the client, right-click the SEP icon and select Disable, but after a few minutes it restarts SEP.

Is there a way to disable it on that single PC until next reboot?

• 2.  RE: How to allow user to disable SEP on a client, SEPM 11.0.5002.333

Posted Apr 15, 2013 02:58 PM
    In the AV policy you need to change the time autoprotect is re-enabled. I believe default is 3 minutes. Or you open the lock next to autoprotect. This will it to be disabled. Not recommended but it works.

• 3.  RE: How to allow user to disable SEP on a client, SEPM 11.0.5002.333

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 15, 2013 03:04 PM

Hello,

Check this Thread with similar issue:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-do-i-temporary-enable-users-ability-disable-symantec-endpoint-protection-clients

In your case, you want to "Enable user's ability to disable Symantec Endpoint Protection on Clients for trobleshooting purpose (temporarily)."

Go to the Specific client group --> Policies --> Location specific setting --> Client user interface settings --> Edit settings -->  check Allow user to enable and disable firewall

NTP final-2_2.JPG

Check on client, as you can see tab is Enabled.

Secondly, check the AutoProtect Reloading Feature in SEPM >> Antivirus and Antispyware Policy.

autoprotect enable.JPG

Here are few Articles which may assist you to do the opposite of what you want -

How to prevent SEP features from being disabled in the client GUI in SEP 12.1

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH168990

How to block a user's ability to disable Symantec Endpoint Protection on Clients

Hope that helps!!

• 4.  RE: How to allow user to disable SEP on a client, SEPM 11.0.5002.333

Posted Apr 15, 2013 04:19 PM
      |   view attached

SOLVED: I apparently solved the automatic re-enabling by unchecking "When Autoprotect is disabled" option as shown in attached screen shot. It worked. Now SEP client stays disabled. Thanks.