Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  How to automatically deploy SEP 12.1 client without immediately reboot ?

Posted Nov 08, 2012 05:38 PM

Hi,

Can anyone please suggest me what is the best way to deploy the SEP client 12.1 to hundreds of production server without immediate reboot ?

because the reboot must be done at later stage in different time window.

• 2.  RE: How to automatically deploy SEP 12.1 client without immediately reboot ?

Posted Nov 08, 2012 05:47 PM

When you create your package make sure you uncheck the option to reboot automatically. This is done under the Client Install Settings portion:

• 3.  RE: How to automatically deploy SEP 12.1 client without immediately reboot ?

Posted Nov 08, 2012 08:34 PM

Cool, so in this case the SEP client will still be deployed but never restarted ?

I'm trying to avoid automatic restart at all cost as this is production environment.

• 4.  RE: How to automatically deploy SEP 12.1 client without immediately reboot ?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 08, 2012 08:49 PM

Yes, just make sure this setting is configured when you create your package.

Also, go to the Clients page, select a group, click on the Policies tab, General Settings, Restart Settings. Make sure this is set to No Restart as well.

Than you will be good to go and no restarts will happen unless you manually do it.

• 5.  RE: How to automatically deploy SEP 12.1 client without immediately reboot ?

Posted Nov 08, 2012 10:58 PM

Many thanks for the reply man

I'll try that on and hopefully it doesn't break the server.