Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

How can i accelerate TAPE Catalog to a brand new BE 12.5 Server

Created: 26 Feb 2013 | 1 comment

Hi,

I recently had to rebuild from scratch my BE 12.5 backup server due to a motherboard problems. I purchased a brand new server and installed software and updated to latest realse. Everything seems to be working fine. I also have a Qualstar 12 Tape Changer with 1 IBM Utrium Drive. So far I can see all slots and tapes. i did an inventory and found all tape names. I then started doing an inventory on one of my tapes and so far I have the job has been running for almost 8 hours for just one tape.

I wanted to know if there was a faster way to inventory these tapes. I have about 15 tapes that i would like to have ready in case of backups for the next months.

thank you,

SAM

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

I believe your cataloging process is taking a long time and not your inventory.  Have you check whether there is any alert asking for some other tape or something else?