Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

How to change screen for all pages? ( Wise installation SYSTEM 9.02 )

Created: 27 Sep 2012 | 20 comments

How?

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 20 CommentsJump to latest comment

EdT's picture

Please explain exactly what you want to change. If you have a problem with English, try writing it in Polish as well, and we can see if the translation clarifies matters.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

EdT's picture

Installation Expert/Build Options/Screen

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

BloodManXD's picture

I did not mean to change the color, but to change the image( polish: nie chodziło mi o zmianę koloru lecz o zmianę na obrazek )

EdT's picture

If you open an empty project, and move to Installation Expert, then there is a "Billboard" option where you can display a sequence of graphics during the installation. This is the only alternative to the default installation dialog images.

BloodManXD's picture

image will fit to any size?( obraz będzie pasował do każdego rozmiaru? )

EdT's picture

No, it will fit to the size of the dialog box; it is not intended as a full screen installer.

The scaling will depend on screen resolution.

BloodManXD's picture

why when you start the installation screen does not turn on? ( polish: dlaczego podczas rozpoczynania instalacji screen się nie włącza? )

screen:

EdT's picture

1. Forum support is provided by other forum members and not Symantec employees. There is no point sending a "refresh" nag over a weekend as some of us like to spend time with our families instead of working on a Sunday.

2. I don't know what you have done so I cannot comment on why your program is not behaving as you wish. Are you using billboards, and if so, are they displaying later in the installation?

EdT's picture

What you are seeing is by design. There are certain initialization steps that the product performs before it can handle billboards, and in addition, if you create a multilingual installation, there will be an automatic dialog that will ask what installation language is required.

Wise Installation System 9.02 is a very old product which stopped shipping over 12 years ago, that has many limitations in today's systems (for example it can only handle 32 bit installs). If you want a more flexible dialog system then look at MSI technology.

BloodManXD's picture

screen only shows up when you copy files and folders, etc when selecting no, I mean, here's how to add more when choosing what is to be installed, etc.

EdT's picture

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your last posting. What exactly are you trying to do.?

BloodManXD's picture

I want the image to be displayed all the time and not just at the start of the installation.

pl:  Chce żeby obrazek był wyświetlany cały czas a nie tylko przy rozpoczynaniu instalacji.

EdT's picture

It does not work that way. Since Wise Installation System supports multilingual installs, there are some hard coded dialogs that you have no control over. The most you can do is to specify the same billboard throughout.

EdT's picture

It would help anyone reading your last posting if you were to explain what you were missing..??

EdT's picture

Apologies - from your posting on the 20th it looked like you were still asking for help. I will assume you have reached a working solution.