Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  How to check total days remaining in license expiry - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

Posted Jan 09, 2015 12:53 AM

Hi

I will apprecaite if someone may answer my following two questions:

1. I have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Unmanaged in my office, I would like to check how many days are left in my license expiry, how could I check that?

2. I have read on Symantec website forum that If we installed symantec unmanged version and activate it (via .slf file), so there will not be any expiry of it?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: How to check total days remaining in license expiry - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 09, 2015 01:02 AM

What type license do you have purchased ?

• Never Expiring License
    • Paid License

You can check .slf file for expire date

Licensing an unmanaged Windows client

Article:HOWTO81071  | Created: 2012-10-24  | Updated: 2014-09-21  | Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO55368

• 3.  RE: How to check total days remaining in license expiry - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

Posted Jan 09, 2015 01:06 AM

Thanks for your reply,

we do not have purchase information, such as we have recevied licenses from our headoffice. Is there anyway we can check licenses type from Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Client ?

• 4.  RE: How to check total days remaining in license expiry - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

Posted Jan 09, 2015 01:11 AM

Does .slf file available ?

You can check .slf file.

1. Check that the .slf file is in either one of the following folders:
      1. For the clients that run on a pre-Vista version of Windows: Drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion\Data\Config

• For the clients that run on Vista or a later version of Windows: Drive:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion\Data\Config

• 5.  RE: How to check total days remaining in license expiry - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

Posted Jan 09, 2015 01:18 AM

Yes, I open .slf file from Drive:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion\Data\Config

and saw the expire of my license and other informaiton were needed. Since the expire is there I believe we have recevied the paid version.

• 6.  RE: How to check total days remaining in license expiry - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

Posted Jan 09, 2015 01:20 AM

so you have received license expire date ?

• 7.  RE: How to check total days remaining in license expiry - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

Posted Jan 09, 2015 01:25 AM

For licenses renewal, do i need to put the updated .slf file in the follwing path and replae the older file with update one or symantec will renew it automatically after we pay for license renewal ?

Drive:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion\inbox\

• 8.  RE: How to check total days remaining in license expiry - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

Posted Jan 09, 2015 01:26 AM

Yes you need to replace .slf file as per above articles.

• 9.  RE: How to check total days remaining in license expiry - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

Posted Jan 09, 2015 01:29 AM

Many thanks for your prompt replies and help. apprecaited!

• 10.  RE: How to check total days remaining in license expiry - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

Posted Jan 09, 2015 03:42 AM

Glad to help you :)

• 11.  RE: How to check total days remaining in license expiry - Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

Posted Jan 09, 2015 08:29 AM

Just check the licensing tab in SEPM, this tells you how many licenses you have and how many are deployed...