Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

how to configure SEP Content Distribution Monitor for SEPM12.1

Created: 28 Jan 2014 • Updated: 28 Jan 2014 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Dear,

In my company, we installed SEPM 12 recently on Server 2008 R2, the SEPM working well, and i downloaded SEP Content Distribution Monitor (for GUP health-checking) from here:http://www.symantec.com/connect/downloads/new-sep-content-distribution-monitor-gup-health-checking

but there are only 3 files in it:sepm_monitor.jar, Enable_Apache_Logs and SepmMonitorTool.bat. i searched the forum before post the article, they said put the 3 files to tools folder, and configure Enable_Apache_Logs will do. but after i configured the file, to run bat file, it failed with nonthing show. 

below is the error:

java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for D:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Syman
tec Endpoint Protection Manager\Tools\..\tomcat\logs\scm-server-%g.log
        at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(FileHandler.java:389)
        at java.util.logging.FileHandler.<init>(FileHandler.java:323)
        at com.sygate.scm.server.util.ServerLogger.<clinit>(ServerLogger.java:12
5)
        at com.sygate.scm.tools.monitor.SepmMonitor.initLogger(SepmMonitor.java:
415)
        at com.sygate.scm.tools.monitor.SepmMonitor.main(SepmMonitor.java:318)
Exception in thread "main" com.sygate.scm.server.util.ScmServerError: java.io.IO
Exception: Couldn't get lock for D:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoi
nt Protection Manager\Tools\..\tomcat\logs\scm-server-%g.log
        at com.sygate.scm.server.util.ServerLogger.<clinit>(ServerLogger.java:17
0)
        at com.sygate.scm.tools.monitor.SepmMonitor.initLogger(SepmMonitor.java:
415)
        at com.sygate.scm.tools.monitor.SepmMonitor.main(SepmMonitor.java:318)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for D:\Program Files (x86)\Sym
antec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Tools\..\tomcat\logs\scm-server-%g.lo
g
        at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(FileHandler.java:389)
        at java.util.logging.FileHandler.<init>(FileHandler.java:323)
        at com.sygate.scm.server.util.ServerLogger.<clinit>(ServerLogger.java:12
5)
        ... 2 more

i installed SEPM on D:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, and i use SQL 2008 R2 database.

anyone can help me out this problem ? thanks in advance !

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

aqqle's picture

Dears,

i get it. its UAC enabled caused the problem. 

to resolve the problem either disable the UAC, or run SepmMonitorTool.bat with cmd with administrator.

SOLUTION
.Brian's picture

Yep that will do it

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.