Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

how to configure SEP Content Distribution Monitor for SEPM12.1

• 1.  how to configure SEP Content Distribution Monitor for SEPM12.1

Posted Jan 28, 2014 03:06 AM

Dear,

In my company, we installed SEPM 12 recently on Server 2008 R2, the SEPM working well, and i downloaded SEP Content Distribution Monitor (for GUP health-checking) from here:http://www.symantec.com/connect/downloads/new-sep-content-distribution-monitor-gup-health-checking

but there are only 3 files in it:sepm_monitor.jar, Enable_Apache_Logs and SepmMonitorTool.bat. i searched the forum before post the article, they said put the 3 files to tools folder, and configure Enable_Apache_Logs will do. but after i configured the file, to run bat file, it failed with nonthing show. 

below is the error:

java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for D:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Syman
    tec Endpoint Protection Manager\Tools\..\tomcat\logs\scm-server-%g.log
            at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(FileHandler.java:389)
            at java.util.logging.FileHandler.<init>(FileHandler.java:323)
            at com.sygate.scm.server.util.ServerLogger.<clinit>(ServerLogger.java:12
    5)
            at com.sygate.scm.tools.monitor.SepmMonitor.initLogger(SepmMonitor.java:
    415)
            at com.sygate.scm.tools.monitor.SepmMonitor.main(SepmMonitor.java:318)
    Exception in thread "main" com.sygate.scm.server.util.ScmServerError: java.io.IO
    Exception: Couldn't get lock for D:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoi
    nt Protection Manager\Tools\..\tomcat\logs\scm-server-%g.log
            at com.sygate.scm.server.util.ServerLogger.<clinit>(ServerLogger.java:17
    0)
            at com.sygate.scm.tools.monitor.SepmMonitor.initLogger(SepmMonitor.java:
    415)
            at com.sygate.scm.tools.monitor.SepmMonitor.main(SepmMonitor.java:318)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for D:\Program Files (x86)\Sym
    antec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Tools\..\tomcat\logs\scm-server-%g.lo
    g
            at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(FileHandler.java:389)
            at java.util.logging.FileHandler.<init>(FileHandler.java:323)
            at com.sygate.scm.server.util.ServerLogger.<clinit>(ServerLogger.java:12
    5)
            ... 2 more

i installed SEPM on D:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, and i use SQL 2008 R2 database.

anyone can help me out this problem ? thanks in advance !

• 2.  RE: how to configure SEP Content Distribution Monitor for SEPM12.1
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 28, 2014 03:16 AM

Dears,

i get it. its UAC enabled caused the problem. 

to resolve the problem either disable the UAC, or run SepmMonitorTool.bat with cmd with administrator.

• 3.  RE: how to configure SEP Content Distribution Monitor for SEPM12.1

Posted Jan 28, 2014 11:46 AM

Yep that will do it