Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  How to configure syslog event logging in Symantec AntiVirus for Linux 1.0.13 ?

Posted Sep 10, 2012 03:23 AM

Hi,

with the latest version Symantec AntiVirus for Linux 1.0.13, how do I configure the syslog server to point to my Tripwire server ?

WHat file to edit and what port to open in the firewall ?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: How to configure syslog event logging in Symantec AntiVirus for Linux 1.0.13 ?
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Sep 10, 2012 03:47 AM

Hello,

You can configure Centralized Logging and Reporting for Symantec Antivirus for Linux using Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager or to a Specific SYSLOG server.

All events that are generated are logged to the standard system log via syslog.

You may have to make the necessary enteries in /etc/syslog.conf configuration file.

I would request you to check the SAV for Linux Implementation Guide (SAV_Linux_Impl.pdf) for more information on the same.

Also, check this Article: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/use-configedexe-config-sav-linux

Hope that helps!!

• 3.  RE: How to configure syslog event logging in Symantec AntiVirus for Linux 1.0.13 ?

Posted Sep 11, 2012 10:47 PM

many thanks Mithun, so I have to create the proper config file first before installing it into the Linux host ?

• 4.  RE: How to configure syslog event logging in Symantec AntiVirus for Linux 1.0.13 ?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Sep 12, 2012 04:20 AM

Hello,

That is correct. 

Hope that helps!!

• 5.  RE: How to configure syslog event logging in Symantec AntiVirus for Linux 1.0.13 ?

Posted Sep 13, 2012 03:29 AM

many thanks for the information Mithun !