Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  How to create and restore Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 Standard Ghost Image

Posted Apr 17, 2013 02:43 AM

We installed Ghost Solution Suite 2.5.1 onto Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard server.  We can create and restore windows xp prof using ghostcast and ghost boot disk for Lenovo PC ok but when we tried to created a Ghost Boot Disk via USB key using PC-DOS to create Windows 7 it only pickup one partition to create image.  When we restored it back we got a blank screen. 

I tried to create a ghost boot disk for USB key using windows PE and when I boots up this ghost boot disk it goes to X: prompt and won't see the Ghostcast server via the network.

I need help create a Windows Server 2008 R2 standard image from IBM HS23 blade server inside IBM Bladecener H.  I created a USB ghost boot disk using PC-Dos and the system just boot directly into Windows.  It bypass reading the USB key.  Any help is greatly appreicated.

Richard

• 2.  RE: How to create and restore Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 Standard Ghost Image

Posted Apr 17, 2013 02:48 AM

When cloning the source, remember to choose the DRIVE (not partition) manually. Also be sure to use the following flags when creating the image:
    -fro -sure -ib -ntexact -fdsp

When cloning back, use the following flags:
    - sure -ntexact

• 3.  RE: How to create and restore Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 Standard Ghost Image

Posted Apr 17, 2013 02:49 AM

Oh - one last thing. If the master is installed with UEFI activated in BIOS (if you have it), you need to deactivate it and install from scratch. In plain English - when using UEFI, some of the boot info is in the BIOS - not the hard drive, and thus can not be cloned using Ghost.