How to create a NetApp NDMP BU via Fibre and not via Network
Hi, we have configured the zoning between a NetApp and a shared BU drive.
The we have configured the NetApp for NDMP support and the NetApp was added in BU Exec 2012 as a NDMP server (after NDMP lic activation).
When I try to create a NDMP BU, I go to the server list, I "right click" on the NetApp server then I click on "Backup". There, I can see :
- Backup to deduplication disk storage,
- Backup to deduplication disk storage and then duplicate to deduplication disk storage,
- Backup to deduplication disk storage and then, deduplication to tape,
- Backup to disk,
- Backup to disk and then duplicate to tape,
- Backup to tape
Based on this backup offer, we tried to create a "backup to tape"
On the left column, we have selected a NetApp volume. And on the right column, via "Edit", we decide to :
- "Schedule" : create a full backup,
- "Storage" : we select the available drive
- Network ; default
- NDMP : we select "BAckup Access Control Lists" and "Enable file history"
When we realised the backup, we have had Nework backup via the BU Exec server... and not a direct backup to the drive.
Could you help me please ?